Official Intent Thread

<p>Just looking out there for all who have signed their intent to attend Purdue for the Fall semester '05...</p>

<p>College/Major:
Housing 1st Choice (if on campus):
AP Credits:
Current Location:
Ill start out...
College/Major: Freshman Engineering
Housing 1st Choice (if on campus): Cary Quadrangle
AP Credits: Spanish Lang (3), US History (4), English Lang (5), this year Calc, Am. Government, English Lit, total: 26+ credits
Current Location: Incline Village, Nevada (Lake Tahoe)</p>

<p>I mailed the deposit money today for my son. He sounds very happy to have reached his decision to attend.</p>

<p>College/Major: Honors engineering/Mech Engineering after first year
Housing first choice: Earhart for the Honors Engin. Learning Community
AP Credits: Calc A and BC, Physics BC, German. Hopes to test out of Freshmen English. (was told you can do that)
Current Location: Indiana</p>

<p>College/Major: Freshman Engineering/electrical engineering
Housing 1st Choice (if on campus): Owen/Meredith
AP Credits: Comparative Gov't, Physics B, Calculus AB, Micro Economics, Macro Economics, English Literature
Current Location: Singapore</p>

<p>How do I place out of freshman english?</p>

<p>Hi boomer01, </p>

<p>I think in the summer you can take a placement test. At least that is the way I understand it. I had emailed them because my son has taken some very advanced english classes and got a 770 on the SATII in writing. I was told that those things didn't matter but he could take a test and I guess with the right score? place out of it. YOu are in Singapore? so I am not too sure when your scheduling/testing would take place. But Purdue seems kind of lenient when it comes to letting kids test out and applying AP credits.</p>

<p>This is also for my son:</p>

<p>College/Major: Engineering (maybe electrical)
Housing 1st Choice (if on campus): Earhart (Engr. Honors Learning Community)/Cary Quadrangle
AP Credits: English III, Calculus AB, Statistics, all others Honors
Current Location: Texas</p>

<p>Mominin, maybe our sons will be roommates (at Earhart).</p>

<p>It's a small world, I suppose that is possible :) Tookie</p>