***Official Purdue Class of 2019 EA Applicant Thread***

<p>ISS=International Student Service.</p>

<p>@purplexgoldxalum You should definitely call the Admissions office. Why did the counselor not send the transcript? Did you give him/her enough time? If so, that is very unprofessional as it could cost your son a scholarship. Good luck!</p>

<p>So I submitted everything by the november 1 deadline, and I know for certain my transcript was sent with my letter of recommendation - however the date received for the transcript is Nov. 1, while the date received for the LOR is Nov. 15. Any explanation for why this is the case? I’m kind of worried something went wrong.</p>

<p>Biomedical Engineering
ACT 35
UW 4.0 (for now…)
W 4.7
No rank
Good luck to all!</p>

<p>I applied awhile ago for chemical engineering. 31 ACT (33 superscore but I don’t think Purdue superscores ACT), 3.96 UW, ranked 2/~650. Good luck!</p>

<p>Applied on 11.1 for Engineering-undecided
International applicant from China
SAT 2020
UW 95.56/100
Rank 10%/1100
Everyone good luck!</p>

<p>Applied on 10/31 for Computer Science
SAT: 2270
GPA (UW): 3.91
EC: Microsoft Internship, Started 2 Social Ventures, DECA Chapter President + International Awards</p>

<p>Hope it comes it soon!</p>

<p>Results will be released starting Dec 12th at 5:00pm. </p>

<p>Will that be 5:00 EST?</p>

<p>Any early applicant facing problem to log into the Purdue Account? I am getting an error message since yesterday…</p>

<p>@predent‌ I believe so. Not all results will be released at that time, though. It keeps releasing daily afterwards.</p>

<p>@devileng I didn’t have that problem. What I suggest you to do is to email the admissions office asap (they’re pretty good at getting back to people) and ask about it since you need the portal to check on everything. </p>

<p>^I so wanna get in. [-O< </p>

<p>@Nobody426 When I click on Fall 2015 I get the following message “this page has been permanently removed from the server” :confused: I emailed the university admission but got an automatic reply that the office is closed for Thanksgiving. </p>

<p>@Devileng No matter which school it is, there’s no way they can get back to you during a national holiday. What I mean is that they’re usually pretty good at replying during weekdays (my experience is within 1-2 business days). Calling their office on Monday wouldn’t hurt either. I suggest you just wait a bit for now and check everything on your end–Common App, test scores, transcripts, rec letters, etc. </p>

<p>Meanwhile, if you guys have any questions for Purdue, I think I can answer a lot of them! I live 5 minutes away from campus and go there for more than half of my classes this year. I also have many connections with students and staff there.</p>

<p>@Nobody426 are you in college or HS?</p>

<p>I am in HS. (anxiously applying to colleges just like everyone else here haha)</p>

<p>@Nobody426 Let’s get started!!
1)Girls??
2)Food??
3)Dorms?
4)Are Freshmen allowed in First Street Towers??ie Are single rooms available for freshmen?
5)Is the engineering faculty helpful and caring?
6)Suppose I want some privacy then where do I go? Is the whole campus packed like crazy?
7)How packed are the libraries? Will I get some free space away from others in there?
8)Are the gyms packed too?
9)Greenery??
10)Safety??
11)Girls again??</p>

<p>PS:I am not interested in frats.
Thanks in advance. :D</p>

<p>@seamon I’ll try my best haha

1. I’m a girl and I don’t make a habit to stare/judge others but I can tell you the ratio between two genders is a bit skewed, especially in upper level math courses and even more so in CS. Also, some of the engineering courses (except for BME).
  2. I’ve been to a couple of dining courts and Purdue has the best. Seriously. It’s praised by everyone I’ve ever met here. It’s like one of the best nationally. I usually eat in Chauncey, though. That’s how I get fat.
  3. <a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/purdue-university-west-lafayette/1137642-can-freshmen-apply-for-first-street-towers.html”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/purdue-university-west-lafayette/1137642-can-freshmen-apply-for-first-street-towers.html&lt;/a&gt; has more details. I know that if you’re a Presidential or Trustees scholar you get a much better dorm as a Freshman.
  4. I think Freshman are only allowed if there’s room. Single-rooms probably are filled up by upperclassmen before Freshman has a chance. I don’t know about you, but my AP creds and Purdue classes right now will bump me up to a second semester Junior level for registration next year if I choose to go to Purdue, so I’d take advantage of that and get a nice dorm.
  5. Everyone is pretty helpful! It was crazy for me to work out my schedule this year and a few friendly people helped me all they can. Still, in a big school, filing paperwork is a hassle. Faculty (or the ones I’ve met thus far) are super nice. You just have to talk to them during TA hours.
  6. For privacy I go to Potter Library’s basement. No one’s ever in between the stacks except for me. Great way to escape. There’s also a bunch of classrooms (i.e. Math building) where I just go in when I want to get away from people.
  7. Libraries are packed in Hell week but there’s always tables in the stacks that people don’t bother to go. (It’s just a stairway away too)
  8. I never go to the Purdue gyms because I have my high school gyms to work with. Sorry.
  9. Greenery is okay. It’s not like IU or anything, but it’s pretty standard.
  10. I haven’t lived in a safer place. Literally the other day the emergency alarm thing was covered in spider webs when I looked at it because no one ever needs to use it. I often go back from the libraries to my house (walking like after 11pm) and I’m fine.
  11. lol I think we (girls) are really smart.
    Hope it’s helpful!</p>

<p>@Nobody426 That was AWESOME!!</p>

<p>I am an international student so I don’t know much about American Culture. </p>

<p>1)Are the buildings generally warm?? I live in a really hot country(India). IDK how I’ll survive american winters.
Mind telling me about something about the heating/cooling mechanism of buildings?
2)Where are you planning to stay in your Freshman year anyway?(Ignore if question is too personal)
3)How’s Earhart??
4)How’s the Indian food? Ever tasted some? :slight_smile:
5)Most common means of transportation?
6)How’s the theater over there? I am thinking of minoring in Theater.
7)Fun things to do on campus for recreational purposes? Are there movie halls etc?</p>

<p>Applied (of course last minute) on morning of 11/1
2040 SAT, 31 ACT
3.87 UW, 4.53 W
Animal Science, planning to apply to Purdue Vet Scholars if accepted.</p>

<p>Looking forward to getting results, best of luck to everyone!</p>