***Official Purdue Class of 2019 EA Applicant Thread***

<p>@ PB1997 I don’t think purdue gives aid or scholarships to Internationals… Just confirm once…?</p>

<p>Nope no scholarships for internationals. Government colleges(Ga tech, purdue, UIUC, Berkeley) don’t give scholarships to internationals. </p>

<p>Hmm just a piece of information that I’d like someone to verify…
I did some SAT classes in mumbai… When I was going to apply to Purdue I asked my former counselor there whether I could get financial aid at Purdue… And she told me that though its not available on paper a lot of her students have received aid… Merit based aid… From the university…
Do you think this could be true? </p>

<p>^Those must be departmental scholarships.</p>

<p>@seamon That’s good news. They will probably go on those subjects’ marks that relate to the department. :)</p>

<p>But what if we applied late? Like in mid-december? Any chance for ANY scholarship at Purdue?</p>

<p>^You only get departmental scholarships from 2nd year on wards. </p>

<p>@seamon‌ And do they cover a substantial amount of the fees? Or are they just little stipends?</p>

<p>I heard 1-2.5k$</p>

<p>@seamon ACT results out for you? Mine still in the processing stage :(</p>

<p>^Nope.</p>

<p>Yeah. Frustrating :(</p>

<p>ACT is usually slow with everything, atleast in comparison to college board with it’s SAT’s. On top of it, it’s holiday season. </p>

<p>You can get departmental scholarships as a freshman if you applied early, but I don’t know whether or not you can get them if you applied late. You can call the financial aid office to see. The application is due February 1.</p>

<p>They can be substantial in amount (mine totaled a couple thousand) but vary from $500 upwards.</p>

<p>Guys did you upload your transcipts in common app or did you snail mail them.If you uploaded it how long did it take for them to receive it?</p>

<p>@ind1900 My guidance counselor uploaded them to the Common App on my behalf. I didn’t have to do anything special (i.e. email my counselor to ask her to send them) besides just making sure clicking on the ‘Submit’ button. </p>

<p>@snappletop I am planning to do it offline.but My school is closes till 5th and so purdue will recieve the transcipts olnly by around 15th.Is it too late too apply even though its rolling </p>

<p>@ind1900 Purdue does not accept paper applications. The only method they will accept is the Common App, which itself is entirely electronic. </p>

<p>I’m pretty sure rolling admissions won’t be over for a while. You’ll be fine. </p>

<p>@snappletop I am sending application through common app lol.What I meant was I am choosing offline mode to send transcipts and reccomendations.And since its rolling won’t the seats get fulled fast</p>

<p>@ind9000 Hey I am in a similar fix. My Counselor is not available until 5th January while I need to send my transcripts. I think the best option is to wait until he comes back and then send it online through the Optional Report. That is, if you have already sent the School and Midyear Reports through your Counselor.
I think it’s a good suggestion to email and inform your Counselor in advance so that he doesn’t delay after he’s back. As for offline submission, only ATTESTED photocopies of marksheets will be accepted by Purdue. Best to scan and upload all the original documents to Common App. What do you think?</p>