***Official Purdue Class of 2019 EA Applicant Thread***

<p>@pb1997 I do not have a counselor in my school.So my principal has to do it.I dont think they are familiar will the online mode so I think I am going to tell my school to snail mail them. And are you sending only your annual exam marks for all the years or are you sending quaterly and halfyearly marks .My princeton review counselor told me that I need to send only my final exam marks.My sats are (520r,680m,610w) do you think I can get into krannert school of management?</p>

<p>I also first sent only my overall marks through the School and Midyear Reports. But now I am thinking of asking my Counselor to send scanned copies of all my original report cards/marksheets to colleges through Common App’s Optional Report. Just to be safe. My Counselor also happens to be my Principal. Does this seem okay? I emailed colleges for advice but its holiday season and they won’t respond until Jan 5. What do you guys think?</p>

<p>@ind1900 As for your chances, I really have no idea.</p>

<p>@pb1997 yeah principal can act as the counselor in common app thats what they said.And as of I know since in India our main exam is the final one like boards there is not point sending other marks.And as for your 12th grade did your school send you predicted scores</p>

<p>@pb1997 do you want to chat in chatstep for sometime?</p>

<p>yeah my Principal sent in predicted marks for ISC, provided by my subject teachers. Do you think it’s okay if my Principal sends in all report cards/marksheets through Optional Report?</p>

<p>Btw, I PM’d you regarding a chat, but ignore it. :P</p>

<p>@pb1997 I am 100% sure your pricipal can send in all you reports and so do you want to chat or not?</p>

<p>@ind1900 Nope. Thanks for reassuring regarding the marksheets.</p>

<p>I just got accepted for Engineering! my application was completed on November 7th because my SAT scores got there past November 1st</p>

<p>101.54 weighted GPA
2080 SAT
34 ACT</p>

Denied/Offer alternate major for engineering :’(
SAT 1930
GPA 3.83
IB 40/45
Damn. Wasn’t expecting this at all considering my courseload and GPA especially in math and science where my grades were almost perfect.
The SAT screwed me over big time! :confused:

@reddevil10‌ which major had you applied for?

@iliveinmumbai‌ I applied to electrical and computer engineering. I am 100% sure that my SAT screwed me over. Damn.

wow Purdue rejects someone with 1930 SAT. That’s new.
@reddevil10 Try Engineering Undecided, go for Computer Engineering later.

Does anyone know where we can see our financial aid/scholarship package?

^ I am almost positive that sort of information is released in February by mail (as well as if you got into the Honors Program).

One of my friends still has not gotten his admission decision yet he applied by November 1st :-"

@ThatOnePastry‌ what’s the honors program? How is it different?

D received her scholarship letter and honors letter in the mail last week.

@iliveinmumbai‌ The honors college (the honors program is what Purdue used to have) is a separate college that grants admission to students based on merit. (Thus an honors students is part of two colleges.) Within the honors college, students taken interdisciplinary courses for honors students as well as more challenging courses within their own major. Senior year, students conduct a senior thesis/scholarly research project and present it in some manner. (This project is currently very vague, mostly because no one has yet graduated under this new stipulation of the honors college.) Honors students also have priority registration (signing up for classes first) starting the second semester if they have a 3.5 GPA or above. Usually being a part of the honors college also offers the chance to take classes from the best professors at Purdue and to network with professors, deans, etc. Honors students live together in Shreve Hall.

@runner019‌ thanks! Btw, I applied rolling decision and got into college of engineering, comp engineering. Am I eligible for it? The honors program…

@iliveinmumbai Unfortunately, you have to have applied by November 1st.

https://honors.purdue.edu/future-students/future-student/index.html

The Honors College does offer admission to upperclassmen with GPA’s of at least 3.5 as well, so you could fill out an application your freshman year to try to gain entrance for your sophomore year.

https://honors.purdue.edu/future-students/continuing-student/index.html