***Official Purdue Class of 2019 EA Applicant Thread***

@runner019‌ thanks a lot man! :smiley:

@isaelijohjac‌, do you perhaps live in Indiana? I feel as if it will take longer because I live in Texas (I was accepted as well).

@runner019‌ , are you currently attending Purdue? You seem to have quite a lot of knowledge about the Honors Program.

@ThatOnePastry Yes, I am a freshman right now, and I’m in the Honors College.

@runner019‌ how is the engineering department at purdue? specifically comp engineering? Are the profs helpful?

would anybody like to read and rate my common app essay please.I want to get into purdue badly.If you’re interested tell me Ill pm you my essay

@iliveinmumbai Purdue is very well respected for its engineering department. It’s the strongest department at the university, and overall ranks 9th in the nation. Employers aren’t likely to scoff at a Purdue degree. Computer engineering is ranked 13th in the nation so I would assume that its a very strong program. I am not an engineering major, so I can’t speak about what professors are like in engineering.

^What major?

Elementary Education. (Don’t laugh - it doesn’t make me an airhead!) :slight_smile:

@ind1900‌ I wouldn’t mind, got accepted EA

@ind1900‌ no problem. I got accepted…rolling decision.

@runner019‌ thanks dude. :smiley:

Is there anyone that still hasn’t gotten their decision yet? Because, I still haven’t and I’m about ready to call admissions.

@droidxcurve‌ when did you apply?

@droidxcurve‌ Hey there I haven’t got my decision either. International Applicant from Kolkata, India. Did you check your Application Tracker? Were all the documents marked “Received”?
In my case, a Marksheet was missing and I just mailed attested copy of my Standard X Marksheet to Purdue yesterday. How long do you guys think it should take for the marksheet to reach them by courier? I just hope I am not too late to receive a decision. :stuck_out_tongue:
@ind1900 Bro, thanks for the help that day! Getting into Purdue is pretty much easy if you have an ideal SAT score (1900+) and your academics were great as I saw that day! You need not worry, hope for the best. :wink:

I am shocked how the guy with 1930 SAT got rejected from Purdue! My first SAT score was 1930! :frowning: Though I improved to 2140 later on. :slight_smile:

I wonder what it is like to get accepted into college. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hope to find out with Purdue’s decision.

@runner019‌ can you pls explain a little bit more about applying to the Honors college? I applied before 1st Nov and got accepted in EA. Was there a selection I had to make during my EA application that I have missed?

@pb1997 depends upon the major. I am sure If I applied for engineering I would not get accepted. But for Busniess I have a chance. with a 2140 you can go to try for even better colleges

@ind1900 Did so. :wink:

Purdue’s limited (or zero?) financial aid offer is a big issue for me.

I applied for engineering at Purdue on Dec 28th and was wondering in how much time would I get the decision?