***Official Purdue Class of 2019 EA Applicant Thread***

Has anyone received their decision in 2015?

Just got accepted today and all I can say is that its about damn time. I applied before the November 1st deadline and the reason it took so long was because it took till October 31st to put my profile that I paid their application fee.

Hahaha good! @droidxcurve‌ All the best!

@amitshankar97‌, my friend received his decision last week.

Got into FYE somehow
1880 SAT (1300 M&R)
4.1 GPA (About 16%) from an IB school
Extracurriculars: varsity golf & state level debate
I had an internship with an oil company over the summer
Still shocked i got in

Denied/Offer Alternate Major -Does this mean I have been offered admission to alternate major? Or does this mean I can request for admission - but to offer or not is still at their hands? Secondly, if I request for admission in alternate major and they approve of it, will I have the option of declining the admission later? What is the guarantee that they approve my request? I only saw the decision - the decision letter is still not available.

@krishmittal97‌ you will always have the chance to turn down the offer. Yeah, apply for an alternate major.chances are for you to get accepted as they haven’t totally denied you admission… Check with the admission office once too

hey guys can someone help me? I couriered attested photocopy of my Standard X Marksheet to Purdue and they got it on 13th January. According to the courier tracker, someone named J. Cook received it. It’s been 4 days but still the ICSE Certificate has not been added to my application because of which my application has still not been processed! What should I do?

@PB1997‌ call admissions office today and ask them about it. Maybe it takes a week or 2 for processing, but call them and make sure that they’ve got it

My app’s under committee review. FREAKING OUT.

Hey guys, do I have to accept enroll before applying to any of Purdue scholarships??

@ddoris19‌ , if you’re talking about the supplemental scholarships, then yes.

No

Can internationals apply for scholarships?

@ARABM2 when did you apply?

@VAPOURTRAIL Jan 3rd.

I am applying next year, please chance me?
International Student: Indian

ACT: 35
SAT 2: 800 on Maths 2 and Physics
AP: Physics C, Calc BC, Computer Science A (All 5’s)
GPA: 9th (8.0/10)
10th (9.2/10)
11th Mid Term: 70%, Final Term: 95%
12th Mid Term: 95% (Predicted)

Major: Computer Science

EC’s
100+ hours social service
Blog with 50k hits
An iOS Game launching soon
Guitar Grade 4, Trinity Guildhall
10+ Inter School CS symposium Winner
Internship at Flipkart
Students Council (2 years)

Thanks!

@ISayHelloWorld‌ you’re in. Purdue would probably be your safety school. :slight_smile:

hey can someone help me out!!

applied january 15
gpa: 3.63 (school doesnt weigh but weighted is 4.1)
act:33
sat II: 740 chem, 700 math 2
tons of volunteer work and other ecs
applied for biochem

Thanks @iliveinmumbai‌ ! My dream school is CMU. :neutral_face: Also,

@prayhands10‌ your ACT is above par. You have a very good chance as BioChem is not a popular major. & I have friends who got in with 1900 SAT & 0 Ec’s.