***Official Purdue Class of 2019 EA Applicant Thread***

A quick question: Soft copies of official transcripts can be uploaded right? Or do we have to physically send them to all universities?

@ISayHelloWorld‌ uploaded

@iliveinmumbai‌ Okay cool.Because a bunch of people in my school send “packets” which include LOR’s, Transcripts, Major Certificates etc. That is not required right? Everything can be done online?

@ISayHelloWorld‌ nope, everything can be done online for most cases but u need to Send packages for a few ones like OSU, wpi etc…but they mostly just contain certification of finances etc…if you can’t upload stuff, you make packages and send…

@ThatOnePastry‌ How about myPurdue account? Do I have to accept enrollment before I could have access to that? I am having trouble logging in to myPurdue with my career account username and password. It that because I haven’t accept enrollment?

@ddoris19‌ , I can’t say for certain because I’m in the same shoes as you, but I was reading around and I believe that is correct. You do not have access to the myPurdue account until you accept enrollment.

@ddoris19 and @ThatOnePastry yes you do have access to myPurdue account before you accept. I log in all the time to look around the website. Try again or reset your password.

I think something is up with their online portal. Last night, my son’s acceptance letter was not available and when you clicked on the link to try to access it, there was a scary error message that said “Gone”. I hope it’s fixed soon so we can do the scholarship app before Feb 1.

Can internationals apply for scholarships? @purplexgoldxalum‌ thank you…

@purplexgoldxalum‌ I have been experiencing something similar. Just use the incognito mode of chrome to access mypurdue and everything should work perfectly.

@iliveinmumbai‌ Bro as per your suggestion, I called Purdue regarding why the marksheet was still not processed from my courier. They are telling me to wait another week! :frowning:
They are saying it’s because of the holiday season that things are going slowly. But its been a week ever since they “received” the courier and I am freaking out now.

@iliveinmumbai‌ I think that there are some scholarships for internationals, but I don’t know much about them. Maybe this – http://www.purdue.edu/niso/

@PB1997‌ dont worry, if they’ve got your courier, they’ll process is soon…Purdue told me I’ll receive my decision in 4-6 weeks but I got one in under 3 weeks…they’re quick enough… Dont worry :slight_smile:

Since you guys know how great Purdue is, I would love your opinions. What would you do: Go to Purdue even if you have to pay full price (out of state in our case) or go to another well respected but not as highly ranked school (in this case it is Auburn) that is offering you a full tuition scholarship? Paying for Purdue would involve about 50% cost covered by parents and 50% from student working and maybe doing ROTC.

@iliveinmumbai‌ thanks

@purplexgoldxalum‌ what’s rotc? Is it open to internationals? Is it really possible that internationals may only have to pay 50% of the costs through parents’ contribution? Can you give a detailed breakdown of the finances that will cover the remaining 50%?

@purplexgoldxalum‌ yeah, what’s it?

Personally, I would not hesitate to choose Auburn on a full tuition scholarship. Indeed, I would not pay full price to attend any college, if I could get a full tuition scholarship to another good school. Visit Auburn and see if you like it.

Thanks @NROTC ! That is definitely where I am leaning, and I appreciate your input.

Has anyone fill out the supplemental scholarship application yet? I have to wait until the itap team fix my myPurdue account to get to the app. Can anyone one tell me what I would need to fill out the app and how long does it take?

@ddoris19 If you have done the FAFSA and run Purdue’s NPC, it only takes a few minutes to do the supplemental scholarship application as long as you already have the career account thing (I can’t remember exactly what it is called). You will need your EFC from the FAFSA and the Parent Contribution from the Purdue NPC. My daughter was surprised how simple the application was.