***Official Purdue Class of 2019 EA Applicant Thread***

i got into mechanical engineering in Purdue with 1900 SAT, 3.2 GPA and lots of strong extra curricular( national level sports and aviation stuff.

Btw, if anyone who got into Purdue wants to join up and create a Whatsapp group, so we get to know each other before we meet in August, can reply here. I will create a WhatsApp group if there are enough people:)

Can you guys help me out to see where my chances are, since you guys have a better idea of what the stats are.

I have 3.4 GPA
SAT: 690 Math, 520 Reading, and 580 Writing
I am in Robotics, FBLA, Karate and rec Soccer.
Also I am going to work at Kumon in my Senior year. (I am a junior)
I am taking AP CALC BC and AP Physics 3
I am a US Citizen and Indian.
I have taken some courses at Rutgers University just to get a feeling of college.

Thanks and those accepted, Good Luck.

@dmjh123‌ sure let’s do that!

@makpit101 my sats are exactly similar to you(m680,cr520,w610). you chances or not very high but you may get in. I think you have 50/50 chance

@ind1900 hey guys can anybody please provide me with the contact details of the Purdue Mail Processing Center? They got my courier ten days ago and have still not processed it! Because of this simple delay, I am not getting my decision from Purdue.

@PB1997 , you need to wait for 2 weeks. Mine took 2 weeks to process.

@pb1997 intl-admissions@purdue.edu and I have one doubt will the sat and toefl be shown in the requirements in the application status because my sat and toefl is not shown there but I mailed them and they told me they have my scores?

@ind1900‌ it won’t be shown… It states in the instructions that they would have received the scores but they won’t show it…

@iliveinmumbai so your sat and toefl was not shown in the app status right?. Thats the best news I have heard today. I mailed them last week and they told me they have my scores and my status says that it is completely ready for review for the past one week. And do you know how long does it take to hear back from them

@ind1900‌ yeah it wasn’t. It’s even mentioned in the instructions thingy that they will show you only one score but they would have received all.
It took me 3 weeks from the date that I applied, to get my decision. I guess it’ll take longer now as they receive more apps as time passes by… So, say around 18-20 days more, I guess :smiley:

@iliveinmumbai for me no scores are shown not even one. So Ill receive mine in around 6 weeks?

I guess it’s 4-6 weeks since the date you applied. I had contacted admissions earlier… @ind1900

Accepted to Krannert School of Management last night!
3.5 UW GPA
3.8 W GPA
32 ACT

Go Boilermakers!

@dmjh123, Can you please tell me if you are male or female, from which state and whether you received your acceptance in December or were initially deferred. Only wondering because my son also applied with slightly stronger stats as yours and also with strong extra curriculars but was deferred for mechanical engineering. We are waiting for a decision after sending in 7th semester grades. Congratulations and best of luck to you…from the sounds of it, you have decided on Purdue.

@WWAParent‌

I am male, and am an International Student. My application was deferred for additional info over a small misunderstanding over pending IELTS results. This was fixed in no time. I received my decision on 18 Jan 2015. I applied for Early Action but it was deferred to Rolling Admission because of some screw ups done by my school.( they didn’t mail my high school transcripts).

My application has been in review for quite a while now. Has this happened to anyone? How long does it take after it goes into review, typically?

I received my early action decision two months ago but I felt the need to share - I was deferred

Applied for First Year Engineering (EE)

3.1 UW GPA
2000 SAT

This is my top school and I’m so anxious to find out in February…

Is it too late to apply to Purdue as a safety? I’m worried because its rolling admission and the application period ends in 6 days.

Applied to Computer Science
3.8 UW, 5.03/5,33 W GPA
36 ACT

I don’t think it is too late to apply if the rolling admission application period is still open for six more days. However, it is too late to expect any merit based scholarships. You had to apply by November 1 for that consideration.

Accepted!
3.9 UW
35 ACT (Didn’t send SAT)
SATII: Math II (800), Biology E (790), Chemistry (760)
My ECs and volunteer activities were all centered around science so I think that strengthened my app.