***Official Purdue Class of 2019 EA Applicant Thread***

@PB1997 You’re in

Hi I m an international student. I hv a 3.8 GPA and 2060 in my SAT. I also hv taken the TOEFL in which I got 112. I am the editor of the school newspaper and co founder of the math club. I also play cricket for the school and hv been awarded Player of the Year once. I do theatre outside of school too. Sice I m doing the CAS i hv done community service. I hv completed Silver in the Duke of Edinburgh Award. I hv taken 4 highers in IB; Math HL, Physics HL, Chemistry HL and Economics HL. (Others normally take 3).

I want to do a major in computer engineering or mechanical engineering. Please give me an idea if I would be selected at Purdue

@devi99 Is your math score above 700 ?
I have very similar stats to yours, i’m applying for aerospace engineering. These stats are above average for admission at Purdue in engineering. So you have very good chances, you have better chances at mechanical then computer because computer ENG is packed this year apparently.

Didn’t apply EA but was accepted today into aerospace

OOS Male
4.0 UW GPA (8 APs, most honors)
33 ACT (33 M, 32 S)
Good ECs with leadership
Some local awards
First gen. college student

@HumNation congrats mate, crossing my fingers for the same reply.

@HumNation congratulations, just curious, when did you apply and where are you from?

Thanks @meriks and @shaversack. I applied around a week before Christmas and I’m from NJ.

Hey I’m an international applicant…Just wanted to know if anyone who applied in January has received their decision yet…Thank You.

@AC15786‌ I applied in Dec. Still waiting. For comp engg. Which dept u applied?

Electrical engineering

When in December did u apply exactly? @PB1997

@AC15786 Around 15th Dec. But my application was incomplete until January 13th. It’s been in review since then. It should take 6-8 weeks for a decision.

Oh okay I think we will receive our deicisions before March for sure.

FYI for all DEFERRED status applicants

Just got accepted today (Industrial & Systems Engineering). Status changed to “Offer Admission”.

I was an early applicant (OOS - Illinois) and was originally DEFERRED on Dec 12th pending submission of 7th semester transcript by Feb 1st. Wasn’t expecting to hear from them so quickly.

ACT: 32
GPA(W): 4.08
GPA(UW): 3.52
Class rank: Top 15%

I’ll probably not end up accepting the Purdue offer though…

Any International Indian Applicant here who’s received an interview offer? I am from Kolkata, still awaiting one.

^Why are you waiting for an interview? :-?

@seamon Oh I am so sorry! I accidentally posted in the Purdue thread. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi everyone, a few minutes ago I loged in the system to encounter with this decision,Deny WL/Offer Regional Campus,
I really want to go to purdue, it is my top choice and I dont know what to do, should I see what they are offering me and then try to transfer to purdue main campus or that is not going to happen ?? Is transferring from another campus really hard ?? should I accept the offers from the universities that already accepted me instead of taking this risk??

I am an international student.

@Rialco196 Call the admission office, or communicate by e-mail. And ask them all you want to know. You can ask them what their alternate offer is in details and what are the transfer options. You have nothing to lose at this point, so don’t be afraid to communicate with them directly.

International student,applied during second week of December on RD. Stats says 'application being reviewd"…How long will it take?