***Official Purdue Class of 2019 EA Applicant Thread***

@arabm2‌ happens mate… they say that it should most probably be out before the end of march, so i shouldn’t worry. All the best.

Dear son got into College of Health Sciences Pre-Med program (admission portal states “Offer Admission”) but the decision letter is not available yet.

Stats: GPA -3.75, ACT 32 (34 superscore), SAT II Bio - 710, decent ECs and very good recommendations.

I have three questions:

1. Is anyone else in here accepted into the pre-prof program? Wondering how good it is and if its worth it.
  2. Thoughts on if he should go to state school with low tuition and save for med school or go to purdue and get good education to start with.
  3. There is no information on any scholarships/financial aid (applied in Feb). Does anyone know if out-of-state students get any aid?

Z

@zubear‌

1. Can’t answer that one, sorry.
  2. A number of us are struggling to decide about Purdue vs. another less expensive option.
  3. Purdue is great about sending you email alerts as to when certain information is available on the student’s web portal. Their communication is great. We are out of state, but have a high EFC. Daughter got a Presidential Scholarship which certainly helps, but no other aid except the chance to take out an unsubsidized loan. But some have received some good aid if you read through the posts about aid.

My son was accepted to the same program last year. The first two years its a set schedule. Moslty biology and chemisty. These classes are well know to be wash out classes. they are very large 300 plus and made difficult to get kids out of the program. You can go to the college of health and human science web site and select current undergraduates and them majors the you can select the 4 year plan and look at what classes you child will be required to take.

@zubear With a very low financial aid offer from Purdue, my son’s first choice school, he is probably going elsewhere. ACT 34, GPA 3.7, accepted for Engineering. We feel good about the other school and have decided the money we save will be better spent elsewhere. Maybe Purdue will work out for grad school. But I’m taking the financial aid situation as an indicator that he was not meant to be a Boilermaker at this time.

@purplexgoldxalum‌ Thanks for the response. One dumb question though. If Purdue is the best my son gets. We are prepared to move from Texas to Indiana. Would that help with in-state tuition with the resident status. Maybe after 6 months?

Waitlisted at Purdue with 2230 SAT, 800 Maths 2 and Physics. What the hell happened?

@michaelite‌ My God did you apply for Computer Engineering? Man its getting over-competitive for the same. :-/

I can’t believe I STILL haven’t received a decision. My god, we’re gettin close to the 3-month mark here…

@arabm2 And I am getting close to 2. Lol I remember you from the UChicago thread. :stuck_out_tongue:

@michaelite probs cuhs you did CE… i got into comm with barely a 3.0 gpa and 2010 sat

@PB1997 Same!!! What program did you apply to? Engineering here!

@arabm2 Lol I applied for Computer Engg. A 2250 guy got waitlisted for the same. I am 2140 here. Fingers crossed. 8-|

@PB1997 Good luck!! Do you think it’s weird that we applied to UChicago considering that they don’t really have an intensive engineering program? I get that a lot, aha.

@arabm2 Good luck to you too! It is weirder for me coz I chose UChicago over NYU although the latter actually has a comp engg program.

@PB1997 I had NYU in mind as well, but the hipster culture just didn’t do it for me :stuckouttongueclosedeyes:

Got my decision! Deny WL/Offer Regional Campus. Guess the competition was fierce :confused:

@arabm2 I also just got my decision! Poof… Waitlisted… Looks like for Computer Engg they are done deciding. Atleast for now. :frowning:

@PB1997 I applied to the Aerospace Engineering program which I heard was also extremely competitive. Oh, wellzies. On to JHU.

@arabm2 Are you not interested in the Aerospace Engg Program in the Purdue regional campus? Did you get into Johns Hopkins?