***Official Purdue Class of 2019 EA Applicant Thread***

@PB1997 Not really, no. As for JHU, they’re releasing decisions this Friday. Fingers crossed!

What about you? :smiley: What options are you considering?

@arabm2 Lol I am feeling sick here. Purdue was one of my good choices. Maybe I’ll go with Michigan now. All the very best for JHU! May you get in! :smiley:

@PB1997 Duuudeee, Michigan is AWESOME. It has a top, top-ranked engineering program and is in the best college city everrrr. You’re gonna have so much fun if you end up matriculating!! You’ll get the perfect college experience aha.
Thank you!! :smiley:

@arabm2 Well that’s if I get in right? Ah well… :-/

@PB1997 Didn’t they release decisions? Anyway, best of luck! It’ll all work out at the end :slight_smile:

@arabm2‌ what are your stats? Surprising to see waitlist for purdue

@Dhruv97 I wasn’t waitlisted! Deny WL/Offer Regional Campus.

@arabm2‌ oh well it still means that you can’t attend Purdue’s main campus. Was your test score or GPA significantly low?

@Dhruv97 I guess so? My UW GPA is 4.0, but my SAT is pretty low (1980). I did submit SAT IIs in the sciences and math, however, and they were all within the 700s. I was just pretty surprised because I know applicants from my country who got in with lower stats. Mehh.

@arabm2‌ yeah if you look on the results on this thread, you’ll find applicants with below 3.7 GPA’s and lower SAT scores get in. But since it is rolling admission and I assume that you apoed late, spots had filled up for your major by the time they reviewed your application

@Dhruv97 I applied around New Year’s, which isn’t that late (or is it? lol idk anymore xD)

@Dhruv97 It’s okay, though. I’m not too bummed out about it. How’s March treating you? :stuckouttonguewinkingeye:

@arabm2‌ Not too well lol Rejected at MIT, UCLA, and Vanderbilt. Waitlisted at Ga Tech. But accepted at UCSD

@Dhruv97 Same, dude, same. But I still have hope lol. Are you waiting on any other universities?
Oh, and you should be proud for getting into UCSD! :smiley: Good job! :star: Here’s a little star for you! xD

@arabm2‌ yes Berkeley which is my dream school, Rice, Carnegie Mellon, Stanford, and ivies

@Dhruv97 Best of luck to you!

Wow,

So I was accepted to Purdue Engineering and was waiting to hear back about scholarships.

I check in today and see that scholarship decisions were sent out a month ago.

Now normally I wouldn’t be too perturbed about this, as I already have been rejected by many, many programs, but my counselor almost guaranteed me that I’d get some form of merit aid based on my 34 ACT, 2150 SAT and #1 rank at my school.

Looks like I’ll have to foot the whole bill to Purdue. Good thing engineering is a solid career.

Sorry, just had to vent about this because I’ve been getting a lot of “we regret to inform you” letters recently.

EDIT: I filled out all their supplemental scholarship forms as well, so I’m very confused. I suppose this is more of a vent of my frustration but I thought I’d at least qualify for some form of merit scholarship.

Hey guys, so I still haven’t received anything from Purdue…is there something wrong? I have applied for Mech. E. on the 25th of Jan. Could it mean I have been denied? Is there someone else in the same boat as me?

@ShellP‌ my app was complete as of Jan 22nd and I haven’t received my decision yet. The status changed to 'In Committee Review about 2 days ago and I’m guessing that we should hear soon.
However, as spots are almost filled up, we have a much slimmer chance than we would’ve had earlier.
It doesn’t mean that we’re denied until we know for sure.

@lakerfan97‌ Wow… I always believed purdue’s rolling admissions policy would allow for quicker application decisions. I guess I am mistaken. Anyhow best of luck @lakerfan97‌!! I am hopeful that you are accepted.