***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

@stresstasticlife - HPME interviews 120 for 20 slots. Did you get an interview?

does anyone know when stonybrook releases notifications? i got scholarship offer today but just wondering about the med program

@srk2017 thanks!

Hey did anyone receive a rejection email from BU? Or did their status on the applicant link change?

@montereybae nope, even though Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™ve been rejected from BU SMED, I havenā€™t received any correspondence. Have you?

REMS, UAB, Drexel notifications are done
BU will be sent out soon

Any update on UConn ? And on
Baylor and Rice/Baylor and brown ?

@Mimic17 I thought that BU was already done sending out notifications?

Rice/Baylor comes after regular results for Rice.

Just got NJMS/TCNJ interview notification; there are very few dates still open

Is there anyone who has not heard from NW HPME yet (interview or reject)?

@BioDog one here

Me neither

am wondering if NW HPME is still going on or done the interview notification

As long as you didnā€™t receive a rejection you are still in running for HPME. Since they donā€™t automatically consider for UG, they will email rejection and ask you whether you want to be considered for UG only.

I applied to BU too, but got nothing too, neither interview nor rejectionā€¦

@hriant88 Sameā€¦

Havenā€™t heard anything from Hofstra yet so assuming thatā€™s a silent ā€œnoā€.
Anxiously waiting for Union/AMC.
Has anyone heard anything about Howardā€™s 6 year? I called a couple weeks ago and they said to just waitā€¦

Boy !!! Bs/md programs getting very very competitive year by year

@chasingdreams21 It is too early for Howard. If I remember that is what they have informed in the program site.

@mimic17 It has gone insane, because of limited seats but extremely strong candidates. That is why some programs have decided to drop the program. UCSD for the 12 seats they used to get ridiculously top candidates and it has become a nightmare for admission committee, that was even with in CA in state itself. So it should not surprise for programs like NU, Rice, Wash U, UR, CWRU etc.