***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

How many of the 60 will be offered spots at Hofstra?

@fhgeogng so that’s where it gets vague (it seems like it’s a common trait for bsmd programs!). I asked her how many are accepted, and she told me that “it varies”…So, my guess would be around 30?

@stresstasticlife @fhgeogng I think they used to accept 15 out of 40… so maybe somewhere around that ratio? 20-30 ish? Who knows…

Did anyone who applied from TCNJ get an interview call from NJMS? I am asking about the NJMS interview @ newark and not the one conducted by TCNJ at their campus

When I called Hofstra at the beginning of the week they said they were still sending out interview notifications until this Friday? Now I’m confused…

It is possible to get into NU after being rejected pre-interview if you have shown demonstrated interest in NU.
College admissions is like playing a dating game, where no one wants to get rejected.

@DadOfSK, My DS aplied to TCNJ/NJMS. He was interviewed for TCNJ in early November. He did NOT hear from NJMS yet. I called NJMS last week, the person said they did not make a decision yet on his file.

@bpc2017, If you also applied through NJIT, did you hear back from NJIT regarding the NJMS program?

We did not hear from NJIT about NJMS program. I don’t think Undergrad will have insight into MD admissions process until the final decisions are made by MD and communicated back to Undergrad.

@nbrafter, I called Hofstra last week, and they clearly stated that all the candidates who were selected for interview would be notified by Friday, 2/17!!

I got an interview into Rutgers/NJMS last month

How’s Rutgers/NJSM ? and RPI/AMC programs ?

Any update on BU, Wayne and UConn ?

I emailed BU, and they’re still sending out interview notifications - until the end of the month.

For those of us still waiting for HPME, any development?

@glassflowers As my understanding 15 Feb was the last day for calling for interview.

I got invitation for Hofstra interview on Tuesday and northwestern interview today

congrats @str82med - Seems like you applied to lot of programs and got most of the interviews.

@glassflowers As my understanding 15 Feb was the last day for calling for interview.

@bpc2017 did you call NJMS admissions or is there any specific number to call and inquire?

DS got HPME interview invite today.