***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

@Harryp17
UofR is quiet generous with scholarship for regular UG but not for REMS because they know it is very sought.

I am not sure U of R is considered generous for UG with 15-22K merit given that their tuition is $50K. So far that’s the most expensive school for DS (after 17K merit).

@Mom22DDs After reading your post, I am curious about the “low GPA.” How low was it? Did your daughter have “A’s” in her science classes? Did she have unusual research experience? Usually a low GPA in comparison to your high school peers will knock you out of contention for the BS/MD programs.

@samdey
Not yet. Its today I was told (St. Patrick’s day). Am keeping my fingers crossed as he had interviews at 2 locations (UG) - Akron and Younstown. Not much discussion on this page on Neomed BS/MD.

@samdey Ley me know if u (or any of ur friends waiting) hear today. We have to hear from both the Neomed and an UG school to make it through!!

@srk2017 I agree that 20K out of 60+ fees is not much. But, last year’s REMS finalists who didn’t get accepted to the program had great scholarship offers almost close to a full ride if they wanted to go to UG. Obviously, most finalists would have made it elsewhere for a BS/MD or Ivy hence none to very few would have accepted UofR UG.

Anyone know when Howard university decisions will come out??

@desie1 - Like I said earlier, her GPA at the time of application was 3.8, mostly because of a sophomore semester when she was badly injured and and barely managed not to be a straight B student. With so many students applying with near perfect GPAs, it is understandable that the schools do not get to her app. Her ECs and research are unique and draw interest for sure, and maybe that’s a good differentiation. Though she might not make it at BSMDs that base decisions on overall profile, we hope she stands a good chance with BSMDs where final decisions are based mainly on interviews. Anyone knows which those might be?

to answer an earlier question, NEOMED decisions are mailed today and you should receive your decision by mail tomorrow. is anyone in this group also going to the Case Western PPSP interview next week?

Hi does anyone know if Brooklyn BA/MD are done sending all acceptances?

@golfgal22
Thanks. I called YSU BSMD program office. They said ‘YSU also has mailed the letters today’. So those near NE OHIO should atleast receive tomorrow. Good luck.

Any word on akron for neomed?

How many of you are thinking of going to Northstate?

Johns Hopkins UG results out

Temple University Health Scholars Program result out.

Congrats those are in with Temple program!!!

my DS got into JHU BME but he will decline.

NW UG results are out. DD got in…

Congrats @BS_MD2017 - I hope it’s signal for HPME. DS was rejected for UG. He has no interest to go anyway.

DD got in NU but rejected by JHU