***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

anybody know what time BU comes out tomorrow?

CWRU UG results are out

@tennis0611 8am tomorrow

I got into NU UG

I got into NU UG

@Hades321 where did you hear that? is it 8 AM for the special programs? bc my friend that got in ED said hers came out at 2 pm

@tennis0611 from the BU Rd thread. Of course it not official

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/boston-university/1932409-bu-class-of-2021-rd-discussion-thread-p1.html

DS got waitlisted @ Case Western and rejected at NU. Looks like both are playing yield protection knowing that he mainly applied for BSMD programs. Today he also got into JHU (BME) and UCLA.

@srk2017 That is routine. But CWRU will accept the moment student informs them (email) that still interested in CWRU unlike NU and WashU. Anyhow, your DS may not care about CWRU at this point.

DD did not submit the interest form for either Case or NU. We thought that meant she will no longer b considered for the UG programs. I just asked her to check her status and she is waitlisted at both - bit surprised. she says she is not going to follow up on either. She checked WashU St. Louis and she is accepted there.

DS waitlisted @NU UG but received an HPME interview
 does this mean rejection for HPME?

@GoldenRock - He did submit optional essay, even though he wasn’t seriously interested. Vandy is still dandy for us :slight_smile:

@srk2017 looks like even with UG, there are several moving parts in play. I think your DS excellent stats. surprised that he is waitlisted at CWRU. My DD got rejected at NU but accepted at JHU and CWRU. The latter offered a decent scholarship as well. Friend of my DD that got into a 7 year program got waitlisted at CWRU.

@colleg2017 I think the waitlist at CWRU is pretty common because a couple of people I know who applied for PPSP but got rejected from the program but waitlisted. They both got a pretty substantial financial aid and the one who was interested in going there, and who is a student there now, was accepted within a few days of saying he was still interested in going to CWRU despite not being accepted to PPSP.

@colleg2017- DS didn’t demonstrate any interest for CWRU i.e. no link clicks or emails or no visit etc
 and I heard it matters a lot. He did apply to couple of scholarships and we thought shows interest.

Since NU undergrad is now out, when will HPME results be posted?

@Undecided3494 @srk2017 thanks. Any thoughts on JHU? I know it is a good school but at $50k/year, not sure if it is worth going especially if one has full tuition waiver/decent scholarships at other schools.

JHU is great, but tough school for premeds. Lot of them take gap years. my DS will pick Vandy over JHU due to scholarship.

@GoldenRock Would HPME come out on the 18th again, even if it’s a weekend?

BU SMED results are out. DS is in. He is 2/2 where he got interviews, but 2/6 overall. No Trustee scholarship. He will most likely withdraw from AMC/RPI on Monday.