***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

Congrats!! @srk2017. DD also got int BU SMED.

DS got into BU with no scholarship. So that means $67 K per year and a total of $471,464 for 7 years + travelling expenses =))

Accepted into Brooklyn, Penn State and Boston. Waiting on Drexel, NJMS. :slight_smile:

Congrats @bpc2017 - As veterans of this thread stated, BU knows that they don’t have to give any money :slight_smile: medical school is $75/yr and if you add annual increases, I would say it will come to 550K.

Congrats to you @srk2017. Are you seriously considering BU?

@bpc2017 - Yes, right now it’s between BU and Vandy with CV. waiting for Ivies and PLME.

BU is a great choice!!! Good opportunities and good medical school. You cant go wrong.

@bpc2017 - yes, DS liked BU and their match results are great too. Does your DS have any other choices?

@AutumnDawn - Congrats for 3 results and welcome to the thread. Are you in-state for NJMS?

@srk2017 thank you! Congrats to your son as well! Yes I’m in-state which is why NJMS seems like the best option. I really loved Boston and its match results are incredible, but I would much rather have a 300K tuition than 600K tuition. Fingers crossed for TCNJ-NJMS!

@colleg2017 Between JHU and CWRU with aid, it will tilt towards CWRU due to 1. JHU will be harder on GPA than CWRU and 2. Why do any one want to give away any money in UG (especially both schools are in the same competitive range of ranking).

All: At this point, keep capturing all your pros and cons of any school your child got admitted (both BS/MD and just UG) in your spreadsheet, and wait until all the results are out. And then decide, based on your situations, which one to narrow down and finally the ultimate choice. Some times, it may not be worth to deliberate this agonizing choices when some thing else will prevail and will it a simple and single choice. That is what happened to @srk2017

Congrats to all got in to BU and Brooklyn and other schools.

@stresstasticlife No idea what NU will do for this year.

BU SMED squad we outchea u alrdy kno finna be a doctor

@AutumnDawn - I don’t know much about NJMS, but I agree $300K more is not worth spending on most medical schools. We are from CA and CA medical schools become incredibly hard to get into especially for Asian kids.

@colleg2017 - JHU gives incredible research opportunities esp in BME, but very tough to get GPA and kids fall in love with research and ends up taking gap years.

@srk2017 I was unsure if I had a good chance for any program because I’m Asian as well. Turns out many of the other applicants at interviews had similar ethnic backgrounds, so I’m not sure if it makes too much of a difference once you reach the later stages in the process.

@AutumnDawn - Due to cost of BSMDs (most being private), fewer non-aasians seems to be applying. Traditional pah ratio won’t be same, but competition will be tough due to diversity policies.

@srk2017 Congrats to DS!

My DS got JHU, CWU with schlorship. Rejected by NW and BU

@srk2017. Congratulations

Anyone may know when Rice would come out?
Appreciated in advance…