***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

I think that there is a second interview because I got the same email to schedule an interview for their honors accelerated program. @Mom22DDs

does anyone know when neomed releases interview dates?

Thank you @GoldenRock for your advice on recommendations. Her English teacher is fabulous, she filled each reco invite as she received them, and there were more than a few. DD worked with her counselor for other teachers. He suggested getting filled out paper form turned in to him by teachers so he can add their regular reco letter and fax/mail wherever possible. They shortlisted the 4 programs she needed individualized recos for and only one needed full online update, rest could be managed with paper input. Everyone’s happy now.

@kanna6, did you send the optional essays to TCNJ in lieu of undergrad interviews?

@cookie101 Last year it came around Christmas time (28th or so). But note normally they have interviews on 2 different times. One for OOS by end of Jan and IS later in Feb (multiple days since that list a much bigger list than OOS).

@GoldenRock, do you know if the interviews at NJIT is for undergrad part only? Do the students get another interview at NJMS if the application is forwarded?

@bpc2017 Yes. All the feeder colleges will do their own part of interview/filtering and forward to NJMS. Then NJMS reviews and calls students of their choice. If I remember correctly, NJMS interview was around mid feb to mid march last year. Late Nov to Dec feeder colleges were having their interview/filtering. Some one mentioned there were only 3 seats from NJIT to NJMS. TCNJ will get the most (7 or so) and rest of the 5 or 6 feeder colleges get around 2-3.

@GoldenRock, my son got an interview with Dr. Shevlin. Does this mean the interview is for undergrad only? I am confused because DS filled out the optional essay prompts in lieu of interview. Does this interview filter out students at TCNJ and forwarded applicants will have an interview at NJMS?

@bpc2017 NJIT sent me an email saying “The first step in the review process is for us to determine if you meet the qualifications for the program to which you are applying, and for the Albert Dorman Honors College. After this review, we will be contacting you in November. If you meet the qualifications for both Honors and the accelerated program, you may be invited for an interview. Interviews involve meeting with me and/or a member of our Accelerated Programs Committee.”

So that means the interview will be for the UG honors college and then if your son is accepted into the honors college and they forward your app then there will be another interview at NJMS.

Thank you @Kalerian

Our email does not say anything about Honors college. "Thank you for your application to The College of New Jersey’s 7-year Baccalaureate-MD Program. After reviewing your application and all the supporting documents, we are pleased to inform you that you have been selected for an interview " followed by directions etc.

@bpc2017 How long ago did you submit the application to TCNJ? I submitted mine about 9 days ago and have not been contacted by the school besides to confirm that my application was received.

@chocolatina1001 Note the TCNJ 1st interview is long drawn out process unlike most of the other programs. What I heard is, TCNJ takes all ‘qualified’ students and ranks with some numeric value and starts inviting for in person interview (IS) or over phone (for OOS) by Dr.Shevlin. Not every one going to get the email for interview at the same time. It will go on for 4-8 weeks and they keep sending students who has cleared the 1st round to NJMS. So if the ball park numbers they want to target either at TCNJ or at NJMS reaches a threshold, it stops calling even for 1st round interview at TCNJ though students may be in the shortlist they have with assigned numeric value. Though academic GPA and Test scores plays a key role for the 1st round interview that alone will not guarantee.

@chocolatina1001, my son applied to TCNJ on 8/27

Is the VCU program a typical BSMD program for high school seniors? I wasn’t aware of it and the website it is a GAP for sophomores already enrolled in VCU. Is there a different program for high school seniors?

@bpc2017 Thank you!

@Mom22DDs, VCU program is a typical BSMD program. Today is the last day for the applications. They also have an assurance program for Honors Sophomores. Don’t know how many seats they have for this program. BSMD is around 60 I think.

Thank you @bpc2017 ! I’ll check with DD if she applied. If not, I guess it’s too late now.

Did anyone got invitation for PLME interview? What is interview format and how many people they invite? I applied a month ago for regular decision.

Did anyone interview with California North State and did you hear back after the interview ? Thanks