***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

Did you apply to California Northstate 2+4 BS/MD program? I am looking at this college. What are your credentials or anyone who has applied and has a good chance? Thanks for your time.

I had mine a week ago and they will notify decision in first part of Dec. Two Dr. who is on the panel and more of interview style. Asked questions on passion, credentials and why CNU etc.

@Manu007 Looks like they are fairly new school and not highly competitive. No scholarships either. It’s a safety school for me.

@brucewayne1998 is the 6 year med program also not that competitive? What are ur credentials?

@brucewayne1998 Also let me know if they accept u in dec? :slight_smile:

DD applied to TCNJ 11/1, and they just sent an email thanking her for applying there. It looks like interviews are happening already. Is that rolling based on app date or based on stats? Does anyone know?

Nm, saw @GoldenRock 's explanation on TCNJ process. Hoping they get to DD for interview. Thank you @GoldenRock !

I just did some research on California Northside University. Looks like it is a brand new med school started in 2015.
The University itself was started in 2008. It is a for profit university. I think people should avoid it if possible.

We were told that TCNJ interview process started only yesterday.

Thank you @bpc2017 ! DD is hoping for an interview.

Anyone applied to RPI/AMC? DS got an email from RPI stating that his application was forwarded to AMC.

Congratulations @srk2017 ! I think DD applied to RPI, I remember her reading up on the Physician Scientist Program. No news yet for us.

Can someone confirm that TCNJ does not require any supplements for its 7-year medical program?

Yes TCNJ no supplement, straight simple application

@BS_MD2017 Thank you!

@srk2017 Congrats to your DS! My D applied for RPI/AMC, no news yet.

My daughter is a high school junior now. She is very interested in applying to BS/MD programs next year. I wanted to check with the experts in this group to see if she needs to take all these 3 SATs(Math2,Chem,Bio) or just taking Math2 and Chem should suffice?

It is better to take all 3.

Most need 2, especially Math 2 and Chem, but if your D thinks she can take Bio without spending too much time, she should go for it. My S took all 3.

Thank you @bpc2017 , @srk2017