***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

@Mom22DDs, did you hear from RPI yet? We did not.

@bpc2017 - My DS is a Rensselaer Medal winner and they probably review those applications first.

@srk2017, my DS is a Rensselaer Medalist too and we applied in September. I have seen your earlier post that you guys got the email. Wondering if anyone else got it.

@bc2017 - I guess my theory is wrong :slight_smile: DS applied at the end of October.

@bpc2017 & All others: Be patient for notification from UG colleges and AMC. Review my posts related to AMC in last year thread. It is going to be a long process and incremental and not every one gets notified at the same time.
Also AMC has some unique policy. If you applied to both RPI and Union, then UNTIL both colleges inform their decision (yes or no), AMC will not provide the MD supp. RPI processes UG in some order (which is not clear). Siena / AMC has their own process and independent of other 2 feeders.

California Northstate Univ released their results! Did anyone hear back? I got into the 6 year program!

@bunny101 I also got into the 6 year program at CNU! :slight_smile: Congratulations!

Does anyone know how the Baylor COM supplement works for Rice/Baylor?? It says restrict to the space. Does that mean that it can be single spaced and like size 8 font lol?

Congrats to CNU acceptances from a NorCal resident!

Can anyone clarify what recommendations TCNJ requires? Will a counselor, teacher, and research mentor rec be enough if sent through Common App?

Nope, not yet. We called RPI today and they said we should expect to hear back early Jan. We applied late and our app was completed on Nov. 1. We’re hoping that they’re getting back by date of application.

DD got accepted into CNU 7 year program. There seem to be concern about CNU because it is new, which is valid, and some negativity around it because it is non-profit - which we don’t quite get. We are trying to learn more about the school, but not finding much info. Would appreciate info from any current students there.

Thank You @GoldenRock

@mom2dds - CNU is a for profit school, hence the concerns.

Hey Folks,
Happy ThanksGiving!!

My DS also got into the 7 year CNU program today.

@srk2017 @dadofd @bpc2017 @Mom22DDs

With RPI/Albany program, you need to be patient with the process. Our son did not receive a supplemental application from AMC till 2/11. He then had an interview on 3/24 and received an acceptance e-mail on 4/4. Good luck!

Thank you @upstream - we’d love to have the same experience and outcome :slight_smile:

Happy Thanksgiving and congrats to the CNU acceptance receipts! Still waiting on CNU. Acceptance received via email or postal mail?

@brucewayne1998 email! good luck :slight_smile:

Beware of CNU. IT IS NOT ACCREDITED WITH A AMC. It’s website says that it is in 3rd step of 5 step process. P,ease
Do your research before u commit. Read http://www.cnsu.edu/about/accreditation-and-licensing?_ga=1.178696615.203293737.1480012794