***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

Thanks @chocolatina1001 - Applied to Honors/GPPA 3 weeks ago. Received Honors College interview notification yesterday.

@chocolatina1001 - Did you apply to UMKC?

What are others doing about CNU? Is the Jan. 3rd a firm deadline or a priority deadline? I thought all colleges are required to provide the students till May 1st to decide unless it is an Early Decision program. Can CNU even require an earlier commitment? Or is it not fully an accredited college yet and thus they do not need to follow that rule? Very confused, would appreciate some wisdom from anyone that knows more.
@AX2017BSMD @Med180 @brucewayne1998

@sampil Yes, I did apply to UMKC. Also, I got my UIC Honors College Interview invitation today.

@Mom22Ds, I am thinking of asking for extension until open house. I don’t know if they accepts or not. Also, i did not apply for ED and not sure why they are asking for commitment by 3rd Jan. Can we put $250 deposit and let it go if we secure seat in better university?

@Sampil, i finished UIC honors interview on Nov 4th and accepted couple of weeks back (probably 22nd). They have not started GPPA interviews yet.

@chocolatina1001, I had admissions interview as a part of campus visit back in Aug. That was a 30 min interview and counselor said they will attach my resume and interview feedback to application when I apply. Applied in Oct and I am thinking there will not be an another interview before UG acceptance.

@brucewayne1998 - no idea. Knowing my D, I’m sure she’s not going to accept an offer she is unsure about. I assume my D will call up and find out more. I’ll share any information she gets. I’d appreciate it if others could do the same.

@brucewayne1998 Which university was this for?

@chocolatina1001, CWRU

@brucewayne1998 Thank you! Was the interview mostly focused on UG?

@bpc2017 — did your daughter apply to Union as early decision, or regular decision? Thank you!

@Mom22DDs I am going to pay the 250 dollar fee because I think that it saves your spot but I do not believe that you are forced to go to that school unconditionally. If you go to another school, I’m sure it will be fine even after paying the 250 dollars.

I got invited to apply for univ of Pittsburgh guaranteed medical program online application

I received the UPitt GAP invitation December 1st, and they said they would give a month to finish the application.

Does anybody know typically how many UPitt GAP invites are sent and how many are called for interview

~400 invited, ~260 apply, ~46 interviewed 8-12 accepted.

@wptugs, My son applied to Union regular decision. I don’t think one can apply ED while applying to the LIM program.

Does anyone know when GWU will notify qualified applicants about writing a second essay on their interest in medicine?

@wptugs It is not possible to apply ED as well as apply for the LIM Program. If anyone else has any questions about Union or the LIM program I would be happy to answer as I am currently in the program and also a tour guide at the college.