***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

@AllenTx15 Just FYI. Both Pitt GAP and NU HPME has the initial step of inviting only selective students to apply. In general this step filters students primarily on academic but still invites quite a lot. Only when called for interviews (which are very few in both programs), it filters on various aspects of BS/MD. It is best not to set any expectations.

Thanks @Mom22DDs for UPitt Invite Info.
@GoldenRock yes I agree invites does not mean much until you are called for interview. Right now we are just going through the application process. No expectations for any BS/MD or top tier schools. We are just going to wait and see what comes. I have told my son the same. I am just waiting for Jan 5th, so that the application process is over. Its painful watching them struggle to manage time to write custom essays for each school. For BSMD students its even more painful.

Got the same feeling as that of @AllenTx15. My DD also applied for several BS/MD programs and it indeed was painful to get everything done in timely fashion. Now DD is working on Northwestern HPME application and the waiting game just starts.

How many are applying to Brown PLME?. DS finally submitted the app yesterday!

@chocolatina1001 - Thanks for reply. When are going for honors interview? I am going @ Jan 20
No UMKC 
 next month may be.

@brucewayne1998 - Your thoughts and comments on honors interview process? Thanks

@sampil I’m going the 28th. No UMKC as in no news from UMKC?

DD received communication from UMKC that she will hear back next month if she’s invited for an interview. I think this was by email. Did anyone get a similar communication?

@Mom22DDs - when did she receive this? The last one I remember receiving was on 11/1 stating that my file is complete blah blah blah

@MedSciBud - It seems like a courtesy update, but we appreciate it rather than wondering what’s going on. She received an update from the school of medicine admissions today that her application is being reviewed and she will hear back by end of January on whether she will be offered an interview. sounds like the one you received?

This is what I received on Nov 1st. @Mom22DDs

@MedSciBud - Yup, the same. DD’s high school did not show up on their list, and her online status indicated they were still waiting on her transcripts from ‘Unknown’ school. She has been writing to them frequently. It looks like it was finally sorted out and she got the (delayed) email update today. I’m surprised it took this long, or did they just add her to their consideration now? Guess we won’t know :slight_smile:

@Mom22DDs good luck to your DD

Did anyone else receive the HPME approval today?

Thank you @MedSciBud !

Mom22DDs: Are you in state to MO or OOS.

we are OOS. DD’s application status online is still incomplete, but looks like it is considered complete and moved to next steps. I expect most heard back around Nov. 1 and ours is a one-off due to docs.

Mom22DDs: Thanks. I did not get confirmation??? I will call them to see what is happening

My Son completed his GAP Application for Pitt. He has entered Awards information along with Medical, Community and Research experience. When he submitted the application, he noticed that the application summary that shows after submission does not show his Awards section. He is concerned. It was done in multiple sittings and he reviewed each page once before it was submitted. So he is sure it was saved. I had reviewed with him too before submission. @MedSciBud or anyone noticed any such issue.

Did anyone get the RPI supplement yet?

@AllenTx15 - Same thing happened to my DS and he emailed Medical school and they confirmed that they can see the awards section. So you shouldn’t worry about it.