***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

@bpc2017 thanks I stand corrected, it is 7 and not 10 days as I mentioned.

@sampil Thank you! I just happened to check when they were released on the online portal.

Shabby notes on the date notification for interview started, the interview dates from last year. For some dates are not captured. D/N, Don’t Know. Ignore the prefix number in front of the school name (some old ranking of UG school)

Notification Interview Univ/College/School
2-Dec 1/5-T 3 RU TCNJ + NJMS
3-Dec “1/15-F 1/22-F 1/25-M2/8” 49 NL Union College & Albany Medical College (LIM)
4-Dec D/N 48 Univ of Miami - HPM - Honors Program in Medicine
5-Dec “1/29-F,3/3-Th” 189 University of Houston - UTHealth / UTMB
9-Dec D/N RPI + Albany
1/23 6-Feb 1 RU Villanova Univ + Drexel COM - UG Prompts
12/9 & 1/28 2/10-W 48 Pennsylvania State & Jefferson - FAX
11-Dec 1/22-F 71 Baylor - Email to
11-Dec “1/23-S 1/30-S” 24 RU St. Bonaventure Univ and George Wash Univ
22-Dec “1/22-F 1/26-T” 42 Boston University - LOR Postal Mail
29-Dec 1/30-S UofAkron Northeastern Ohio Univs
31-Dec “1/28-Th & 1/29 F” 149 Univ of Alabama SOM - EMSAP UAB
5-Jan D/N 54 George Wash - SOM & Columbian School of Arts
6-Jan 20-Feb 95 Drexel Univ + Drexel COM - Accelerated Degree
12-Jan D/N Virginia Commonwealth Univ VCU GMED
18-Jan 2/19-F 121 Temple Univ + Temple Univ SOM - Program
19-Jan D/N Northwestern UG - Repeat for HPMEUpload samples, essays etc
25-Jan Feb 25-27 33 Univ of Rochester SOM - REMS
28-Jan 2/9 & 2/11 58 Univ of Connecticut - SPiM+C37
29-Jan 2/29 to 3/3 189 UMKC - LOR special form, 3 to 6
30-Jan 3/17 Th & 3/18 F Case Western PPSP - Pre-Professional Scholars Program
22-Jan 6-Feb Lehigh
D/N 3/23 to 27 62 U Pitt
D/N 3/25-F 3/28-M Oklahoma Medical Humanities Scholar Program
D/N 3/24 Tulsa Univ

OMG, cut and copy messed up. Let me edit again. I put the D/N and now it aligned the dates correctly under the respective column.

Should I be worried if I submitted the CWRU (undergrad) interview request in mid-November but still haven’t heard back since then?

@illusionspectrum No worries. But do follow up with UG admission office and find out what is going on and see when an interview can be arranged.

Great, thanks @GoldenRock!

@illusionspectrum - DS also submitted interview request (from CA) and so far no communication. He even emailed California rep but no response.

@srk2017 I see, hope we both hear from them soon!

@Goldenrock, thank you for the date list.

@GoldenRock - thank you for interview notification dates, very helpful!

1 CC forum tip. Use ‘Like’ or ‘Helpful’ when u want to ack/thank with no other follow up than making a new post. In that way, the # of posts and # of pages will be less in a thread and that will make current and future students/parents life easier to browse and locate whatever info they are searching.

@narkor Thank you so much! Would you happen to know when/where to answer the question about getting my application reviewed for Rochester undergrad? Would it be in the Common App, would the interviewer ask me, etc.? Thanks!!

@college1721 & All others: Please make a note on this post.

There are 3 schools you need to be clear with their process and make some judgment. NW, CWRU and Boston.

NW and CWRU, clearly communicate to applicants after the interview decision for BS/MD program if they are not invited, applicant must reach out to UG to indicate that they are interested to be considered for UG. In Boston, you will NOT get any notification since their process informs upfront that you application will be considered only for the program you have applied like BS/MD program. So applicant need to call BU UG office and inform verbally that you want to be considered for UG and then they will change the status and the portal will reflect. Chances are some times students forget, wish BU also does send email like NW and CWRU to remind. Last year 1 student forgot to call BU.

Now the unknown part, more from here say. Some of these schools think the pre-interview rejected students are possible candidates for other BS/MD programs and their yield will go down if offered UG admission. There is no factual evidence. But personally disagree if these school look that way. There is nothing wrong for students to get UG admission to pursue pre-med. Here is the N=1 stat from my D below.

My D pre-interview reject for all the 3 above programs. And we sent informed NW and CWRU to consider for UG. We called BU to consider for UG. NW UG reject, wait listed first and accepted later with $20k or so for CWRU and BU accepted (not a cent merit).

Key take away, especially with BU, you need to call them (within x days after they inform you that you are not considered for BS/MD interview). But you need to wait for all 3 until you know the interview status. What ever you do will be in the respective portal (and common app plays no role after the initial step of applying). So hang tight.

@GoldenRock Thank you so much for all the helpful information! So are you saying that I should wait until I know my interview status before letting them know of my intent to get evaluated for undergrad too?

@College1721 @GoldenRock I called BU yesterday to ask them if I could also be considered for undergrad and they said that I could only be considered for the med program. So I’m guessing that you have to wait until you get a decision about an interview before you can call them about undergrad admission.

@chocolatina1001 Have you received the interview email from Jefferson?

@truemed No, no email yet.

@College1721 In fact, you may know better if there was a Q on Common app as you must have just filled it recently. My D said she doesn’t remember anything on common app, but was definitely asked by the UG admissions rep interviewer when they came to our city for student interviews. The interviewer made a note of D’s answer on a piece of paper.
She didn’t have a better answer, but other people who did not receive an interview for REMS may have a better idea as to when the Q rises. I say this because my D was invited for the interview and was accepted. So, she did not have a chance other than at the UG admissions office interview that she had to encounter that Q.
All I know is at the parent dinner (after the REMS interview weekend) they announced that all 45- interviewees were accepted into the UG with merit aid and their portal was updated a few hours after the dinner. This was followed my the REMS results via a phone call/email ~3 weeks later.
I would also suggest that you call the admissions office directly and ask them so that you have a better idea when you will come across the Q.

@narkor - How much merit aid does U of R gives?