***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

@brucewayne1998 My DD had her PSU/Jefferson status updated in portal last Friday. That is all.

Did anyone hear back from SBU/GW?

@dadold - Thanks.

@Doctorbellam what was your thoughts on UIC honors interview?

Thank you @Empire007

@dadofd When did your D submit the application?

So does Union/ AMC notify students at different times? Not all at once?

@doclover123 Union/RPI AMC notify students for supplemental invites and interviews in batches not all at once.

Empire 007 Do you know if that makes a difference in terms of possibly acceptances?

@503POR When you get your interview notification doesn’t make a difference at all because like I said in an earlier post, they notify final acceptance at 2 times. From what I remember they place a total score on each candidate which is a sum based on their strength of application, supplement and interview. So for arguments sake (and I don’t know what scale they score on) let’s say a candidate who interviews in January gets a total score of 88 and a candidate who interviews in March gets a 90 when it comes down to filling the 15 or so available seats, they will choose the candidate who interviewed in March because that persons total score is higher. Of course the reverse is also possible if the candidate in January scored a 90 and the candidate in March scored an 88. So again when you get your interview in the process does not matter. They set out with the goal to interview about 80 candidates over the 3 month interview season. That may seem like a long time but keep in mind they only do BSMD interviews on Mondays and Friday.

@Empire007 thanks for the information/clarification

thank you so much @Empire007

When do you generally hear back from colleges after initially submitting application?

@sampil I personally thought that the interview went well, but I highly suspect that it went well for the majority of the people who attended, if not everybody. My interviewer was the study abroad guy and I found out his wife was Indian through conversation and struck a lively conversation regarding study abroad in India with him (I am indian too). Did you attend the same event (3 days ago)?

@chocolatina1001 Nice. I decided to interview the earliest date possible because I’ve heard that there’s no way to really prepare for this particular interview, and since the application pool is so competitive, my general rule of thumb is to get it out of the way as soon as possible, especially when competition is stiff.

@truemed I believe she submitted her application around 11/25~11/27.

@Doctorbellam Right. I’ve heard that the honors college interview should not be much of a worry for those at the BS/MD level.

Do you think programs would consider volunteering at the blood bank a “medical activity”? I serve drinks to donors after they’ve given blood and monitor them for any reactions

Does anyone know when SMED results come out? Like, for the interviews?

On the Penn State portal, does the status, “Your application is currently under review by your academic department. You should receive an admission decision within six weeks.” mean that the applicant has been denied an interview for the PMM BS/MD program?