***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

@srk2017, what is the interview date for RPI/AMC?

@bpc2017, 2 dates were given 01/09 or 01/13. Email also says they do interviews every week until March. Seems like they do only on Mondays and Fridays and total 80 candidates will be interviewed. I am assuming for 3 schools combined.

please chance me: applying for BS MD colleges. tier 2&3, (any tier 1s to consider?)

Ethnicity: Indian
GPA: 3.89 UW, 4.44 W

ACT: 35
Subject Tests: None
APā€™s : World(5), APUSH(5), Calc AB(5), Physics C: Mechanics(5), Physics C: E&M(5), Biology(5), Lang(4), Comp

Sci(4)
Senior Year: AP Macro Eco, AP Chem, AP Lit, AP US Gov, AP Calc BC, AP Comp Sci Principles, AP Stats, Personal Finance (Required)

ECs:
Community Service: Tutoring (250+ Hours)
Research: DNA Day: Age-Related Macular Degeneration
Healthcare Volunteering: Volunteered in Cardiac ICU at Indian hospital (200+ hours)
Healthcare Internships: Cardiology Internship (200+ hours)
Shadowing: Cardiologist(10 hours), Emergency Medicine(10 hours)
Athlete: Tennis, Badminton, Cricket
Leadership Positions: Secretary: Badminton Club, Quiz Bowl, Science Bowl,

Iā€™ve a strong technical background - fluent in Java, web & mobile apps, with few websites and some apps in app store, did a couple of pro-bono internships that were well regarded, and won prizes at many hackathons. would mentioning this hurt my BSMD chances? my favorite tech project is one where i used tech to help with medical training, and iā€™m highlighting that for sure. And no, Iā€™m not interested in Computer Science as a career, iā€™m one of those nuts that really wants to be a doctor.

@srk2017 itā€™s approximately 80 for RPI and approximately 80 for Union that are interviewed. I am not sure how many are interviewed for Sienna.

Does anyone know if it is too late to apply to Hofstra 8 year med?

@empire007 - All they said is 80, so I am assuming for all 3 programs combined. I doubt that they interview 80 per campus.

@Manohar123 - have you already applied to BS/MD programs? most of them have early deadlines.Also, lot of them require SAT IIs.

@srk2017 When you arrive at the interview they will give you a stat sheet and in that it will say how many interviewed, how many offered acceptance and how many matriculate for previous cycle. They break it down per the 3 undergrad feeder schools. The sheet we got said approx 80 for RPI and 80 for Union from 2015. Keep in mind from early January to end of march there is 24 potential interview dates. Each interview session consists of around 10 candidates. So if you do the math thatā€™s 240 total candidates. Besides their goal is to matriculate 15, which means they make about 20 or so offers per program so if you interview only 80 total giving offers to 60 candidates is way too high a percentage

@empire007 - Thanks for the explanation. I simply thought they wonā€™t interview 240, looks like it was not a good assumption.

@srk2017 I believe last cycle RPI had close to 750-800 applicants for Phy-Sci program, so to be one of 80 to be offered an interview is an accomplishmentā€¦congrats to you and everyone else

In the lull between EA and ED comes this very critical interview/invite (or not) time for our kids. Good luck all - you (parents and young adults) have all worked hard to get here!

@PJANDAL and @dadofd , I called BU and they told me that SMED interview notifications will be released in early January. Bummer-I thought it would come out sometime this week :frowning:

To everyone talking about the AMC combined programs the Siena program does not interview the same as Union/RPI. Union/RPI interview at the same time and in an interview group there may be applicants for each program. Siena is completely separated from the other two schools

Guys Neomed interview dates came in the mail today. Iā€™m oos and got an interview with University of Akron. Did anyone else get the notification in physical mail and how many schools did you guys get?

I got it today and only got Akron for the 26th OOS as well

Bayor 2 Baylor is supposed to send out their Confirmation email and agenda for the January Medical Track event on Dec 19th for those who were invited. Did anyone who got the invite receive the confirmation email. I registered but did not receive any confirmation email yet.

my son got couple of days ago. please check your junk mail. may be it went there?

Got full-ride from NJIT, no word yet on NJMS.

@angie2017, thanks for the info. Its not in the junk mail either. Called the admissions office. One of the counselors mentioned they had few more calls. I will call again tomorrow. Did the email contain the agenda of the event.

Congratulations @Mom22DDs