***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

@BS_MD2017 Was the email notice for a phone or in-person interview? I thought the Rutgers website said they conduct an undergrad phone interview first, then a medical school in-person one…

Update on Case: Received email notice that alumni would make contact soon for interviews.

@illusionspectrum When did you receive the email? And what exactly did it say? Was it a general email for everyone or specifically for you?
Thanks

@Jjaa1234 I received that email too, shortly after I submitted my application. It’s a general email–much like other schools, they try to guarantee alumni interviews to all applicants. The interviews usually have little to no impact on your admissions decision–but it’s still a good idea to register for one!

The UPitt GAP essay is supposed to be 600 words, but I’m not sure if that’s “at least,” “at most,” or a general guideline.
Any ideas?

@ccuser00 pretty sure at most. when i submitted my essay I remember typing a few extra words to check and it told me over 600

@Jjaa1234 As stresstasticlife said, it’s just for the regular undergrad interview :slight_smile: Just that they previously had a delay, and now they’re sending out the notices…

Hi guys, I’m new to this thread and my daughter has applied to a few BA/MD program (NJ schools/NJMS, Penn state/Jefferson, UPitt GAP, BU, and Stony Brooks). So far we received letters for Penn State/Jefferson Interview on Feb 8, and TCNJ interview Jan 10. NJIT forwarded to NJMS, but still waiting for NJMS interview. We are waiting for feedback from BU, Rutgers, SBU, and Pitt. Has anyone heard from these schools?

My UPitt GAP deadline is Jan. 2, and I e-mailed them today because my teacher recommender hasn’t completed the recommendation. It’s break and I haven’t been able to reach him through e-mail.
The automated reply said that they would only be back in office by January 3. Do you think they’ll consider granting me an extension?

@ccuser00 - I think they will give few days extra time for LORs.

@bsmd-2017forD I applied to the TCNJ BS/MD and still got no response on the interview date. Do you know if TCNJ releases interview notifications over a longer period of time?

Also, if we don’t get an interview, will TCNJ let us know that we got rejected? I don’t want to keep waiting for something that may never come

hello
Remember the Penn state jeff is one day interview for 80-90 student and they take 40
so the odd are good and the secret is to “relax” and be a person and just talk.

@coffee-and-cramming Unfortunately TCNJ does not notify if some one is not going to be called for interview. They maintain an ranked list and keep interviewing and forwarding to NJMS until the number of candidates selected by NJMS from TCNJ. It is a painful process. So by 2/1/17 if you have not been contacted, it implies not selected.

I am a brand new member. When did you receive the supplement? and when did you apply to UPitt?
My S received admission to UPitt and to Honors in early December, but so far no request for the supplement…

@bsmdfortwins , are u referring to GAP invite. I believe GAP invite dates are over. They give one month from the date of invite to complete the application. I think their Deadline was Dec 15th. When did ur S apply ? My S applied late Oct and got GAP invite the same day as Pitt admission notice. You may want to email or call if you think based on the scores he should receive an invite. Good Luck

Did anyone apply UHouston and FAME. When do they normally send out invites. My S applied only 2 or 3 outside of texas. Its painful waiting to see if he gets invite or not :frowning:

Does anyone know the application reviewing process for Union/ AMC? So after you receive the supplement and submit it, does AMC choose interviews based on only the supplement application or the whole application (including union)?

@ doclover123 I’m pretty sure Union does solely based on the supplemental

@doclover123 The initial application is what gets originally reviewed by RPI/Union/Sienna, and if they feel the applicant is a good candidate they submit it to AMC who then reviews it and if they deem it acceptable a supplement application is requested from the candidate after which a interview may be granted. At last years interviews AMC says everything is based a total score which is the sum of the individual (original application, supplement application, interview) entities. They assign a total score to the whole process. After which the top scorers get offered acceptence. So to answer your question, if a supplement was sent the undergrad was ok with your application and so was AMC, so based on the strength of the supplement AMC will offer or not an interview.

has anyone heard anything from Siena yet?