***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

@Empire007
I made the RPI deadline and did not get an interview notification yet. Does this mean I did not get an interview or RPI is still slowly releasing decisions? I’ve already submitted my supplemental for Union.

@AX2017BSMD You need to wait for some more time (at least till Jan end). As said before, until RPI decision is known, AMC will not decide about calling for an interview from Union.

@AllenTx15 Last year UofH notified for interview on 12/5 and the interviews happened on 1/29 and 3/3 and you can choose any one of the 2 dates.
Don’t get stressed, it is a long journey and it just started. Have patient till 3/31 or even 4/15)

@GoldenRock Was is it you who kept the dates on interview notifications and admissions decisions last year? If so could you repost them here?

Reposting

Shabby notes on the date notification for interview started, the interview dates from last year. For some dates are not captured. D/N, Don’t Know. Ignore the prefix number in front of the school name (some old ranking of UG school)

Notification Interview Univ/College/School
2-Dec 1/5-T 3 RU TCNJ + NJMS
3-Dec “1/15-F 1/22-F 1/25-M2/8” 49 NL Union College & Albany Medical College (LIM)
4-Dec D/N 48 Univ of Miami - HPM - Honors Program in Medicine
5-Dec “1/29-F,3/3-Th” 189 University of Houston - UTHealth / UTMB
9-Dec D/N RPI + Albany
1/23 6-Feb 1 RU Villanova Univ + Drexel COM - UG Prompts
12/9 & 1/28 2/10-W 48 Pennsylvania State & Jefferson - FAX
11-Dec 1/22-F 71 Baylor - Email to
11-Dec “1/23-S 1/30-S” 24 RU St. Bonaventure Univ and George Wash Univ
22-Dec “1/22-F 1/26-T” 42 Boston University - LOR Postal Mail
29-Dec 1/30-S UofAkron Northeastern Ohio Univs
31-Dec “1/28-Th & 1/29 F” 149 Univ of Alabama SOM - EMSAP UAB
5-Jan D/N 54 George Wash - SOM & Columbian School of Arts
6-Jan 20-Feb 95 Drexel Univ + Drexel COM - Accelerated Degree
12-Jan D/N Virginia Commonwealth Univ VCU GMED
18-Jan 2/19-F 121 Temple Univ + Temple Univ SOM - Program
19-Jan D/N Northwestern UG - Repeat for HPMEUpload samples, essays etc
25-Jan Feb 25-27 33 Univ of Rochester SOM - REMS
28-Jan 2/9 & 2/11 58 Univ of Connecticut - SPiM+C37
29-Jan 2/29 to 3/3 189 UMKC - LOR special form, 3 to 6
30-Jan 3/17 Th & 3/18 F Case Western PPSP - Pre-Professional Scholars Program
22-Jan 6-Feb Lehigh
D/N 3/23 to 27 62 U Pitt
D/N 3/25-F 3/28-M Oklahoma Medical Humanities Scholar Program
D/N 3/24 Tulsa Univ

Thank you @GoldenRock

Anyone get a UAB EMSAP interview notification?

Thanks. My S applied late October as well. I had sent email, but the admission office is closed for holiday/new
year. I should have contacted them earlier. Have you received any offer of schorlarship from them?

@bsmdfortwins, my son got scholarship notification last week. There was a problem with EMSAP portal login and he never could resolve to apply on time to BSMD program. He missed the boat on that. He will not be going there any more since he could not apply to EMSAP. Good Luck to your son.

@tackytofu yes I got it this morning

For UAB EMSAP did they email or send it in regular mail?

@babySimba1 email notification

Got selected for an interview at Albany Medical College for the Union Program!

Congrats to all those who received interview notifications!! For UAB EMSAP, did any non-Alabama residents get notified of interviews?

@misophoniax congrats!!! Did you find out through a phone call or email notification? Also when was your supplement due?

@fhgeogng Thank you ! My supplement was due the 16th. I found out through email notification.

@misophoniax Did you apply to both Union and Rensselaer?

@Jjaa1234 I applied to both Union and Siena.

Who else got an interview for the Union/AMC program?

@17junior yes, im from CA