***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

At this pointing knowing stats may not help since we are early in the notifications season.

Hello, is there anyone waiting on University of Houston or San Antonio FAME. Anyone heard from them.
Also anyone attending Baylor Med Track event on Jan 20 or attended the event before. If you have attended what to expect ? Is it just tour and information session or do they conduct any interviews too?

Last year did BU have multiple interview dates? Because I called the admissions office today and they said notifications will be sent out until mid-February.

@fhgeogng - when my S called they gave him 2 interview dates 01/20 and 01/26. Someone else mentioned that they interview 10 candidates per day, so my assumption is they interview through end of Feb or middle of March.

@os2017 GWU just sent the supplemental essay prompt

@fhgeogng When is the essay due?

@truemed Jan 9th

thanks!

Didnā€™t get a call from BU :frowning:

@swim1128 - Is BU done with calling? Did you try to reach them?

@srk2017 no I havenā€™t called them so idk

@swim1128 - IT doesnā€™t hurt to call.

@swim1128 - I had called them during the holidays and they said that the interview calls will keep going out till late Jan and maybe even till mid-Feb. Thereā€™s time. Please update here if you hear anything different.

Also, when I called, they said the student cannot ask to be considered for regular admission to BU if they are denied for BSMD, which seems a bit contrary that they would be willing to miss out on excellent students for their school. Would you be able to confirm this is not the case when you call?

@Mom22DDs I will call again and ask about the med program. I called them a few weeks ago asking about if you could apply for regular admission if you got denied from the med program and they told me the same thing, but Iā€™ll ask them again when I call

I just happened to log in to my Drexel portal and it said my application was forwarded to the med school!

Same! @fhgeogng

if i withdraw my app from GWU, do they refund my application fee?

Anyone received Hofstra supplement?

@path2md Yes I got it Dec 24th

Have you decided to withdraw your bs md application??