***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

@os2017

@fhgeogng, Great! My son received it as well. Do you know if the give preference to instate? we are OOS. Thanks.

@os2017 - curious about your question. are you wanting to withdraw because you applied to their BSMD program but did not get selected for supplement, or is it because you got a BSMD admission you’re going ahead with?

@path2md Hofstra does not give any preference to IS. Last year my D schoolmate got admitted. It is a private school. But its neighbor Stony Brook which is a pubic school gives preference to IS.

@os2017 I don’t think so. Normally applications fees are non-refundable.

@GoldenRock, Thank you very much for the info!

Anyone apply to Howard??

Does REMS and PPSP come out this month

@Harryp17 - It appears REMS will come around 01/23 and PPSP around 01/30 based on what’s posted earlier.

@fhgeogng @path2md Congratulations for getting Hofstra supplemental application. When did you submit your application?

Any idea about hearing back from Toledo?

Has anyone heard back from Rutgers or Stevens Institute of Technology?

@Green-tree Sorry, but there’s no way for me to check I applied through their Select Candidate application

@Green-tree, My DS applied to Hofstra on Nov 14th.

Hello,

Did anyone get their Honors admission to Temple yet? I heard that both regular undergrad admission and then honors admission are needed before consideration to interview for the PPSH program. Thanks

@Mom22DDs That is true about Boston University’s admissions; I asked an admissions officer during an interview over the summer.

@screenname2017, can you clarify what part of Toledo notification you are referring to ? Honor College? Since they actually don’t have a guaranteed BS/MD program, I don’t think they interview candidates at this stage. Anyone has info on their Bioengineering program? Is it good?

@path2md this is what their website says
“The Department of Bioengineering is proud to offer a joint BS/MD program with the University of Toledo College of Medicine. This program is a sequential degree program: students first complete the B.S. in Bioengineering followed by the M.D. at the UT College of Medicine. Students admitted to the BS/MD are provided a mentoring program through the College of Medicine during their undergraduate studies in bioengineering. BS/MD students are guaranteed an interview with the College of Medicine Admissions committee through an early admissions pathway provided they maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 3.5 in the bioengineering program.”

@screenname2017, yes. I saw that. Even though it is mentioned as BS/MD program, I am not sure of the acceptance rate from Bioengineering to Medschool. It could depend on the interview during the 4 th year of undergrad, in addition to GPA requirement.

Toledo is a very tricky program because of the need to go thru interview later in college to get acceptance in to MD. I am not sure why they call it BS/MD program. St.Louis program also has such a wacky rule and students/parents should be aware of it.

@GoldenRock Can you explain St. Louis’s rule a bit more please?