***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

bpc2017: Thank-you!! What time did they call you up?

also received BU interview call!!

and @branden12343 i called PSU again today and they said not to worry interview notifications are still going

did they call you today? Cell or Home?

Drexel med sent an email out requesting to pay $150 fee and upload the photo. I heard UIC GPPA suppose to send the interviews out this week. Did anyone received the communication from GPPA?

@brucewayne1998 did Drexel send you an email today requesting the $150?

@fhgeogng, yes they did around 3PM

GOT GW

I got the rejection (no interview invitation) from GW.
@kybron out of curiosity, what are your stats?

@kybron @nbrafter You guys are referring to the 7-year George Washington University program, right? If so, do they send a rejection if you didn’t get the interview or do you just not receive anything?

@cheetah32 Yeah GW sent an email saying that they wouldn’t be inviting me for an interview (after I submitted my second stage essay). I’m surprised that it was such a quick turnaround since the second stage essays were only due on Monday.

wait if we didn’t get the email does that mean we’re not qualified for the program?

For drexel that is

@branden12343 I wouldn’t jump to that conclusion on that you are not qualified for the program just because you didn’t get the email yet. Case and point my status on the portal didn’t change for a long time and changed only a day ago but I got the email to pay fee today from Drexel. It might just be a matter of time that someone has to setup accounts to tie in for payment of fees etc
 so I think you might find out in the next few days as more and more emails go out
 so don’t worry

for Drexel my portal changed about 2 weeks ago, but I haven’t gotten an email to pay the fee

same os, thats why i was a bit worried.

I agree with @Salvadortrail on Drexel med. Looks like they are downloading information from Drexel mainsite and setting up the profiles under Drexel med. New login/pin will be provided when fee is requested. I would give a week before making any conclusions.

@srk2017, for BU interview, could you post the address of the venue where the interview is? We didn’t get the email yet (got the call though) and would like to look for hotels.

Hello anyone here going to Baylor2Baylor Medical track event on Jan 20th. My son got the email with the student and parent schedule. Anyone who attended Nov event share what to expect that day. Do they conduct any personal interviews?

DD applied to AMC programs with Union and RPI both. She had received and submitted Union supplement a while ago but hadn’t heard back on it, and was waiting to hear back anything from RPI. Finally, she got the RPI supplement today and will be submitting this week. Hoping for the best outcome :slight_smile:

@GoldenRock was right in calling out that the AMC process takes its own time. We had waited for 4 weeks now (though it seemed like forever).

For those of you that completed both supplements this year or earlier years, could you please comment on whether DD should resend the Union supplement, or fill out the supplement separately with RPI in mind? Thank you in advance.

Also, unrelated question: does anyone know how many total guaranteed BSMD seats there are each year (not including state-only seats)? We’ve had our share of reject emails, and some of them mention there were 500 or more applicants to their programs. If a whole bunch of students (say 2000) are applying for BSMD, is it just 1 out of 10 that are going to get admitted?

@bpc2017

You will check in for your interview day at 9:00 a.m. in the Ellipse area on the first floor at 100 Bay State Road. There are several entrances to this building, and we suggest using the entrance on Deerfield Street across from the U.S. Post Office.