***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

@Mom22DDs The questions on the two supplements are different so you cannot resend the Union supplement. Also, point to note, you will have one interview and they will have responses from both supplements so that should be a factor when responding to the RPI supplement.

@Mom22DDs as I stated in an earlier post, I read last year between 1-3% of all applicants get accepted to BSMD. Itā€™s easier to get accepted to Ivy League Schools than it is to most BSMDā€™s. As far as RPI/AMC goes last cycle they had almost 900 applicants and approximately 25-30 were offered seats. They accept that many keeping in mind that they look to have about 15 matriculate. As it turned out in fall of 2016 they saw 13 matriculate.

@Mom22DDs - Is it possible at all to resend a Union supplement? How does that work?

Thank you @BS_MD2017 & @Empire007.

@midwestFem - I dont know if it is possible to resend Union supplement. My DD said she received another supplement request from AMC, and I guessed (thanks to collegeconfidential) that it must the RPI supplement. I havenā€™t seen it myself.

Like BS_MD2017 said, this is supposedly a different supplement, so the expectation would be to respond to this supplement on its own rather than reuse the previous supplement.

Have any of you been invited for an interview for the Siena-Albany Med Program? I recently was invited and got Albany Medā€™s application. One of the questions reads: ā€œDescribe your vision for a scholarly project involving community outreach to the underserved that you would lead during your tenure in this program.ā€ How should this be interpreted? Is it asking me to design my own community service project or a research project including community service? All help is greatly appreciated!

Does anyone know what to expect on Unionā€™s interview? I was recently invited for an interview and want to know what types of questions they will ask.

Also, is there some kind of dress code for an interview like this?

Thanks!

@punnettsquare I interviewed at Union/AMC last year and am actually currently in the program. The interview session will start with a group setting interview where the director of the program will pose a question to the whole group and will go around the whole room and have each applicant answer individually. Last year during my interview it was to talk about some recent medical news that we had read about and explain the subject matter to the group. After that you move on to individual interviews where it is kind of a lottery. I got a really nice physiology professor at the medical school and he asked me a few of the standard questions and then we talked for about 40 minutes about the ACA and how it could be fixed. After that it we went to Union where the program director, who is now Joanne Fitzgerald and is a supremely nice lady just talks to you about the program, you will also get a chance to talk to three current LIM students, one of which may be me, about any concerns or specific questions you have. At Union you can relax a little bit, if you have a choice I would reckoned interviewing on Friday as you do the AMC part of the interview first and then come to Union, while on Monday you come to Union before you go for AMC. Dress code is for guys at least dress pants and suit with a jacket, or if possible just wear a suit with dress shoes. For girls you can either wear a suit or a skirt and blouse with a jacket. Good luck and hopefully I will meet some of you.

Hi Charzardā€¦our son interviewed for mercer scp this week. Did anyone interview to same?

Thank you so much! @Undecided3494 I really appreciate you taking the time to tell me and I hope I meet you soon!

Penn Stateā€™s portal still says ā€œYour application is currently under review. We have received everything required to complete your application. Once a decision is made, it will be posted hereā€ā€¦ does this mean iā€™m on the ā€˜waitlistā€™ to interview, considering my decision is still being withheld? Is it even worth going to interview, considering that iā€™ll basically be least qualified?

@farhan979 if you applied to a program and you get called for an interview, ALWAYS go regardless of where you feel you are in the pecking order. IMHO the only time to decline an interview is after you have already been accepted to the program(s) of your choice and you know you will not be attending the school you got the interview call forā€¦that way someone else could have a shot.

hello farhan979
ā€œYour application is currently under review. We have received everything required to complete your application. Once a decision is made, it will be posted hereā€.

This is a standard thread for all penn state applicationā€¦
The key question isā€¦did you get offer an interview? Usually they will offer to 80-90 people for a date in early Febā€¦ and then offer spot to approx 40-42

Dont worry how strong or weakā€¦ the interview is to see if you are normal person and really want to be a medical mdā€¦You would be surprised how many brilliant people are not there for themselves but their parents pressure.

cheers
Penn state BSMD class of long time ago

got invited for temple interview!

@farhan979 dont worry i have the same thing but when I called PSU they also said to not fret they are still making calls about interviews

I got Stanford UG interview invitation face to face with a local alumni to be scheduled, is this good or just informal ?

@Mimic17 Everyone gets one if available in area where you live.

@Mimic17 Even though getting the interview does not indicate anything about your chances of getting in - you can use the interview as another chance to solidify your own interviewing skills. I have noticed with my ds that with with each interview (non bs/md so far). He has become more confident in his ability to share his point of view and rich experiences and he has enjoyed meeting these different people tremendously

Hi! I was wondering if BU is still calling people for interviews?

when is vcu releasing?

@kybron sometime this week. Past few years it has been on the 13th

Do you mind sharing your stats @asmed7