***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

@asmed7 College of Medicine will take future action. You got Temple interview. Congrats.

@os2017 - for the 2016 cycle - 60 students were invited for the interview.
VCU GMED interview invites come out at the same time via email. All invited students are asked to rank their date of choice for the interview from a list from 1 through 12 (60 students are invited- 5 students per day* 12 days). Then the Honors College GMED program sends an email confirming your interview date.

Has anyone heard back from Rutgers for the first interview? Or does anyone have information on the status of Rutger interview notifications?

@narkor Didn’t VCU send out a rejection email just hours after the GMED interview invitation last year? Should the rejection email be coming later today?

@chocolatina1001 yes last cycle VCU rejections came out the same day after VCU interview invites

@chocolatina1001 VCU-GMED rejections and interview invites came on the same day.

so if we didn’t get an invite, we can assume we’ll get a rejection later?

@Jjaa1234 I think the interviews are done. My DD had one week before last.

Hello, My Daughter got interview for GMED in VCU. Does anyone know what kinds of questions they ask for each interview- both the Honors College and VCU Medical Board? Please let me know soon if you also have any tips for these interviews or any info from last year’s interview will be helpful. thanks!

Be aware that if you do get denied for an interview for VCU, they aggressively come after you by waiving the carrot of honors college perks and saying you could apply after your sophomore year to the Med School with “better chances” of being accepted at that point. In addition, they increase scholarship amounts, almost to a point as you get almost a free ride. For everyone on this thread who have high aspirations all this is meaningless, yet it’s something I thought might be useful for people to know

Did anyone else hear back from VCU?

The person in charge of the UH BSMD program left around Sep2016. Unclear who is incharge.

1 Like

@asmed7 I have that message in my portal too. I think it means interview but gotta wait on the email for the processing fee i guess

What is the BU interview like? Can anyone give details?

Got the rejection from Rugers. Will assume those who didn’t get an interview there will get a notification soon

Hi can someone please answer my question regarding NJMS. I wanted to know that if you pass the first stage for a school and they forward your app to the med school are you now at an equal chance of getting in with someone who’s app was forwarded from a school that has more seats.

I know some of the feeder schools have more people in the program but if a school already recommended me to NJMS does it make a difference at this point? Thank you!

I still haven’t gotten any sort of notification from VCU and I live on the west coast. Will I be notified later?

much salt in this thread today lol

VCU interview invites were sent out to 65 students today.

How do you know? @DrillMom