***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

got temple interview, would be nice to go since i got a full ride as well, but i think i’ll need to look into how restrictive their process of acceptance into med school is. someone recently was saying they have some weird/questionable interview or something. anyone have more info?

Has anyone heard from Howard University?

@str82med Thank you

@millmom1 My niece received the invite via email today that indicates 65 candidates are invited to interview.
In previous years, rejection letters would follow later in the day.

@shiftydraw See my previous post in this thread related to Temple.

@DrillMom rejection letters are sent via snail mail or email?

Thanks @bsmd2017ss for UH update. @AllenTx15 Hope you saw the post from @bsmd2017ss regarding UH. It is sad that he left. He is a very passionate and instrumental to start the BS/MD program in UH. Unfortunately the medical schools appeared to act weird and put him in embarrassing situation last year. For example they committed to him March 4th for interview and he communicated to all and we made all the reservations. But after many weeks, they told him to change the date to March 3rd and we rebooked. Also another weird thing with UH program was, though each medical school selects their own candidate (2 separate interviews, one for Houston and one for Galveston), but you still need to be in the good books of both to be admitted. In addition to individual ranking, each school puts a green or red mark. So if you get red in any one of the school, you are not going to be offered BSS/MD by UH. We were unofficially told my D was ranked 1 by Galveston but she got red by Houston medical school and hence she did not get BS/MD there. The Houston medical interview took only 9 minutes. The Physician lady is so quick and does not want to waste any time, if she feels not comfortable with the student for whatever reason. So do your best in both interviews.

@fhgeogng Email in previous years.

@bsmd2017ss thanks about the contact person info. Hopefully we hear soon.

@GoldenRock thanks for the UH interview info. I did not realize they conduct two interviews for Houston and Galveston. That is good information. Also it is unfair to not get selected just because one school did not like.

I was rejected by GW’s program; those should be out soon then, right?

Does anyone have details about Brown? I did not see anything abount interview on the website, but I heard from a friend of mine that the Brown representatives are visiting Houston to interview the kids.

@rsmith0208 - Brown interviews are for undergrad only. in NorCal also they are conducting all interviews on one day. My DS couldn’t attend but they rescheduled his.

When did NU HPME send interview invitations in the past?

@Kalerian Have you received NJMS interview invitation? And if so it is thru which feeder school?
@Brandon12343 Could you confirm if you got an rejection from Rutgers on the BA/MD program?

Anybody else has received interview invitation from NJMS? Thanks.

Hi, does anyone know any of the questions that the representative from the honors college would ask about for vcu gmed interviews? if you do please help me

is anyone here interviewing with neomed this month?

No, I have one next month

umkc has come out

really? for the bamd? @branden12343

yes