***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

@Mom22DDs last cycle for my kid it was inside of 15 days. Submitted supplement 2nd week of December and got interview email invite just before Christmas.

@narkor thank you for all of your help making my decision last year. Not trying to start anything, but nowhere in my answers did I say students did not get accepted to both programs. I just said I wasn’t sure if it was true or not.

Rochester responded to me. They said not all invites have gone out yet- and that you will recieve an email no matter their decision. There is still hope!

thanks for the update @teddyh. My S is still waiting to hear back from AO.

@teddyh did they say when the rest of the invites are going out?

All decisions for Penn State will come by tomorrow evening. They said final decisions are still being made, due to large amount of applications!!

@teddyh, thanks for the update…on the same page with you.

@Jjaa1234 Regarding your post on UMKC, check UMKC thread since that is normally up to date and you will get a response there than here.

@Harryp17 Highly unlikely. Once a school gives a scholarship they will not take back just because you are now accepted in to one of their special programs. You have done an outstanding job at this stage and that is why they gave Xerox scholarship from Rochester. GL.

"Hello,

The committee for the REMS program just met earlier this week, so if you have made it to the next stage, you will find out in a few weeks. Unfortunately, if you did not get in to the program, you will not hear from us; there is no rejection email sent. You are welcome to check in with us if you’d like to confirm. Also, remember that if you do not get into the REMS program, you are still eligible to enter the university as a regular student. I hope this answers all of your questions.

"

This is what I got from REMS reply, seemed very different from others

It is so unfortunate. Wish all the schools / programs, have a process step to notify both the decisions at least at some point in time rather than keeping it in limbo. I could not imagine why it is so hard in the current automated technology world and also when every school has tons of money and thousands of students who can be utilized to develop some automated software system to do that job. Continue to get the rhetoric from companies that we get students who are not having relevant skills when schools are not utilizing these kind of opportunities to impart these skills.

I saw a post from @kkfields in another thread y’day “My son received interview for Northwestern HPME.”. Did any one else got it? If so, post details to benefit others with details like notification method, interview dates, how many invited etc

@Undecided3494 ,
Absolutely, not any of our intention. But, FYI- it is true that kids do get into both programs. Kind of strange but it has happened.

Anyone heard anything about UTSA FAME?

Got Albany interview through RPI. Dates: 2/27 and 3/6

@bpc2017 Congratulations. When did you submitted RPI supplement?

RPI/Albany supplement was submitted on 1/2

Thanks @bpc2017

still waiting on REMS. hopefully there’s still some spots available. congrats to everyone who got in already!

Just called the Rochester admissions office. The lady on the phone said that invites for REMS are in batches and that we would know whether or not we got an interview by next week.