***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

Thanks @GoldenRock for your guidance.

Interviewing for PPSP at Case and UMKC. The advice on this forum is so very helpful!

@cheegyxd are you from Ohio or Missouri

@dualmd2017 @NathanBN . I thing one person in this forum got NU HPME interview

It appears most NU invitations went out last year on 02/17, but one person reported here that they got NU last week.

@rsmith0208 Nope! OOS for both.

Can someone post their experience with the Union/AMC interview please?

@srk2017 NU interview notifications came last year on 1/19 and in 2015 on 1/21. This year also there were some posts and few got already if I am not mistaken.

@Goldenrock - One person posted NU interview few days back. Last year thread showed more activity on 02/17. Do they invite in 2 batches?. Also, it appears they invite 120 for 20 slots, more than any other program.

Did anyone call NU recently to see if they are done sending interview invites?

@srk2017 maybe they offer admission to more than 20 to get a yield of 20.

@GoldenRock @narkor or others that have gone through BSMD before - any data on how many seats each program offers to hit their yield?

@mom22dds - It varies by school (I guess based on their reputation). RPI and Union offer 35 each (for 15 slots), BU seems to be around 40 for their 20-25, REMS offers 10+5 alternate (for 10 slots), PITT around 12 for 8-10 target, Case may be offering around 35-40. All this schools seems to be calling 4 to 5 times the number of slots with 40-50% getting offers. In that sense, NU numbers are high.

Called BU today–rep said that bsmd interview calls end around mid-feb.

REMS denied. USC bound

Called NUMBER HPME office today. They will be sending invitations or rejection letters by end of this month

How is REMS notifying applicants? Through email or snail mail?

Emails @efc123

For OU Medical Humanities Program, it says “The spring interviews – for admission to the MHSP for the Fall 2017 semester – will take place on March 24 and 27, 2017.” Does this mean if you are selected, you will choose/receive one of those two dates to attend? Or do you have to attend both days?

I don’t think OU MHSP will call for interview twice. Any school has limited resources including budget to complete the interview process, and also for the students and their parents it involves time and money. Based on my UH (3+4 program) experience this year, they have one day set for instate and another for out of state interviews.

Is there any historical information on how many students OU generally calls for interview and is there any preference for instate?

I am also waiting to hear from OU as well as NW HPME. Any input is appreciated.

@chocolatina1001 & @ToServe OU will send interview email notifications around March 1st week and will give 10 slots for each of the 2 days. Students need to call to fix the time slot of their choice, first come first served. So total of 20 students will be invited, irrespective of how many students applied (though it increases every year, still it is in hundreds and not thousands like PPSP or REMS or NU etc). Normally they allow 6 to matriculate. But I could not get a sense of how many they offer though I know there was a wait listed student last year. My wild guess, 2-4. It does not have any preference for in state. 2016, there is 1 person from OK and rest from outside. In 2015 none from OK. They announce the results via email on the same night on March 27th around 10 pm local time, which is good. GL to both.