***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

@Zephyr212,
I don’t see the links that you saw. Is the website the same as the one you submitted the secondary application? the website starts with “https:… /admissions/” ?

@screenshot
DS applied RIT/Upstate - no news after the supplement(: Anyone heard from RIT/Upstate?

@TwoFabKids
I agree with @rk2017

Yes it’s the same link. Try using a different browser. After you log in just scroll down and you should see the post. Also the email itself confirms the date for checking tome slot you need to log into the link.

@rk2017 thank you. That’s exactly what he was thinking and why he didn’t want to send them. The history is actually a higher % than Math 2, but neither is stellar. He is neither an ORM nor an URM. I appreciate your insight. Thank you!

I got reject from rutgers as well. Not sure what they look for

@brainbuilder02 had glanced through stats before you edited it. :smile:
My initial perception is a too strong candidate aka over-qualified who is unlikely to join even gets accepted.

Hello guys! It’s obvious I am very late to this, but please chance me!

I applied to the VCU GMED earlier this academic year and I am still waiting to see if I get an interview by next month.

Sex: F
I live in NC
GPA: 3.96/4.538
Household earning: >100K
Race: Not Caucasian
SAT: High 1300s
My school is also a very low income school

APs:
Human Geography
Psychology
English Language and Comp
Microeconomics
Biology
Statistics
Macroeconomics
Calc AB
Calc Bc
^AP scores are all passing with a 3/4/5

Dual Enrollment:
Public Speaking
College Transfer
Psychology
Microeconomics
Sociology
English
Statistical Methods
General Chemistry
Art Appreciation
^All passing with an A overall

Extracurriculars:
TSA (won a statewide award)
NHS
NTHS
Math Honors Society
Classical Singing
Piano (with competitions)
(and many more, but not including for personal purposes)

Rutgers Nwk, Stevens, Caldwell and Drew are some of the feeder schools from whom NJMS takes 1-5 candidates each batch. So don’t be too disappointed if you didn’t get interviews. Hope you have applied through other feeders too and will get one soon.

@ Zephyr212. The link is working for Upstate interview info. Thank you.
@ gradedu. There is another link on the top for status once you login and you can click on that if the interview info is not on your main link.

Rutgers Nwk accepted high percent of URM , so they get a fair chance .

@kkthepinkrose Even though you are 2nd in your class, your SAT score is not competitive enough. Even if you are a URM that doesn’t seem competitive enough. But who knows miracle happens. Let the chips fall where they may.

@PPofEngrDr okay, got it! The VCU SAT scores range from a 1330-1510 so I was thinking that I might be able to slide in…thank you!

@PPofEngrDr : Thank you; your comments are very reassuring. Is there something as overqualified even? I am trying to understand what is the sweet spot

thank you @rk2017

Some colleges are known for yield protection, in that sense they don’t admit highly qualified candidates because they believe, based on whatever, those candidates are highly unlikely to join, so why bother?
Sweet spot is another illusive bird as it is relative to ones own personal strength and goals. Based on ECs I glanced, confident that you will find it. :blush:

@PPofEngrDr : Thanks. I guess it is test by trial/wait and watch then. in my TCNJ interview, I was told NJIT provides more scholarship to attract folks. On the flip side, yield protection may hurt a university by turning away valuable talent.

I’m applying to the stony brook bsmd program but I’m a little confused do I need to write an honors essay and a bsmd essay?

@nightriser1 : Just figure out this minute, yes . One essay is Why Honors, then Why Medicine. Has to be accepted by honors college, then further considered for BSMD.

Am I able to upload both essays at the same time or do I need to be accepted to the honors college first? Thank you

@brainbuilder02 : NJIT provides free ride, while TCNJ merit 10k . State tuition is much cheaper than private U. Without NJMS acceptance , none of this matter now… I told my son to go wherever he feels comfortable if he did get in.