***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

@brainbuilder02 - Sorry to say, I doubt about yield protection for BSMD programs since # of seats are less. It comes down to how they want to fill the class so they may want few with research, few with service, URMs, regional balance etc… Most programs offer to more than the class size knowing lot of them will have more than one choice.

@kush22

Quite impressive! Hope something good will come up in next week or two.

In the mean time my suggestion to the parents is not to express or share your questions, doubts and apprehensions with the kids. That way when the interview calls come, whenever they may, they can tackle them in normal and open minded way.

Very sad accident, but should not have a negative bearing on Drexel image on account of this.

thank you @rk2017

has everyone completed the AMC essays

Thanks ! and Yes completely agree in fact my child dont’ want me to share any information from this website either, fair enough.

@brainbuilder02 , thanks ! appreciate it. Good luck to you too.

@kush22 : AP biology or subject tests ? Just wonder …

@srk2017 : thank you, then based on your mentoring experience, what seems to help?

Also - can those of you that have received BU/GW/AMC interviews please let the rest of us know here?

Brain builder- Did not apply to BU or GW, but have Siena AMC interview. Those interviews are in Jan and Feb.

@brainbuilder02 - comes down to each school’s criteria which may change time to time. Its very tough to pinpoint for BSMD given the number of spots each school have and most HS studente have similar profile (near perfect stats and required ECs). So you need to have something unique or have compelling story to get into top programs.

Going back to 2018 to dig up more about TCNJ criteria , @GoldenRock #1274 - thanks.

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/multiple-degree-programs/1993091-official-thread-for-bsmd-applicants-2018-p64.html

Agree with @srk2017

There is no fixed selection criteria For BS MD and it changes every time whether it is volunteering or research preference and we can debate for ever.

One thing is definite at initial screening some programs use close to perfect ACT SAT and GPA from ORM pool

I assume same would be applicable for traditional route where it replaces with MCAT and under grad GPA ?

Thanks @orm2020 . That is very interesting perspective about the ranking.

@brainbuilder02 : I got to share this “stat” about Rutgers interview :blush:

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/multiple-degree-programs/1993091-official-thread-for-bsmd-applicants-2018-p68.html

oh wow! that’s like a night and day difference in STATS between what we have been discussing here. end of the day crap shoot with no definitive criteria, luck of the draw!!

More about TCNJ/NJIT acceptance :wink: Great to know this beforehand !
TCNJ can reject if NJIT already forward to NJMS… #3131

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/multiple-degree-programs/1993091-official-thread-for-bsmd-applicants-2018-p157.html

Taking AP Bio senior year. No subject test in Bio. But took in Spanish for BU.

@mi2019 - Only school that used to value perfect scores is UPitt. Even then they didn’t call a girl I know who has 2400 SAT. She was called for Chancellor’s scholarship interview and got HPME , PLME, BU, RPI BSMD admissions in 2017 cycle but no interview from Pitt Medical. That shows how unpredictable the admissions are. In the end she chose to take traditional path and attending Stanford.

As per traditional path no school looks for MCAT perfect score. 99 percentile should be enough for stats heavy schools :smile:

@srk2017

Yes I agree traditional path is more predictable although still for ORMs it competitive but there are more seats and opportunities as compared to only 5 percent BS MD route. Not to mention some are state run direct med programs for URM’s only.

BS MD programs do not have fixed criteria of selection and one should not try to evaluate them seriously. Also we have to keep in mind it is hard to evaluate a high school kid vs a premed undergrad.