***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

@NoviceDad - How many students you have this cycle?

I had a phone interview as well. Itā€™s just based on interviewer availability, time of day for the interview etc. Dont read into it too much

Perhaps thatā€™s why collectively BSMD in NE is so competitive?

@brainbuilder02
Thank you!

@phil g, @brainbuilder02 : Is the phone interview an hour long ?

Compared to what region? West has none, south have fewer programs (couple of them closed in TX recently)

Has anyone received an NJIT interview?

Is gw still sending out interview invites?

@orm2022 : NJIT just requested update on NJMS this week. At least feel like the ball is rolling forward.

@srk2017, @NoviceDad : If 3.8+ is the minimum GPA requirements, probably easiest to achieve at flagship college.

So take Orgo first semester to choose major :slight_smile:

Yes, my score is really 1530ā€“itā€™s pretty bad I knowā€¦ But my subject tests are all 800s though (Math, Bio, Chem, Physics, Spanish). Iā€™m a ORM and have some outstanding awards that I donā€™t really feel comfortable sharing, though.

I know many NE ORMā€™s with sub 1500s and low 700s on subject tests who successfully got into top tier BSMD programs, though.

@orm2020 - Are you trying to be humorous ?

State flagships are usually toughest to get GPA since lot of families canā€™t afford OOS or private schools and opt for in-state. At these schools first year chem or biology classes will have 200-400 students. and imagine getting As.

3.8 GPA at our flagship (UC Berkeley) is extremely difficult and in fact tough at our 3 top state schools (UCLA and UCSD).

@srk2017

same is with university of michigan 3.8 gpa is not a easy cookie.

wow! the entry criteria continues to intrigue me

@srk2017, @mi2019 : I am very serious . Just want to understand the terms of pre-med and how GPA works as the first screening criteria. Out of 5000-8000 applicants for each med school. What is the chance of getting interviewed , 10% ? Is it any better than BSMD situation that we are facing now ?

Med school would take only 1-2 students from each college . Correct me ā€¦

Can anybody help me with a few questions in SUNY-Upstate supplemental application?

1. "Are/were you enrolled in an EOP, HEOP, Upward Bound, SEEK or similar program at a previous college? Yes No No Response " Should I select No or No Response?

2." Why are you interested in applying for an early acceptance to medical school at Upstate Medical University?"
What is the word limits for this question / essay?

Thank you very much for your help!

Wouldnā€™t it be much harder to get a 3.8 at a top school (without grade inflation) like Princeton, though? Because the kids there are, as a whole, much smarter than state school kids?

umkc interview invites are out!!! :smiley:

UMKC interviews out, just got an email

I think the reason for phone interviews is TCNJ is still on break :smile: