***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

How is UMich admissions tied to Ivy UG?

Correction to my post #2503 PSP stands for Premedical Scholars Program, it was misquoted as Professional Scholar Program. :hushed:

@GoldenRock

I agree and guess among public Ivy’s Umich has most out of state students although I have not seen UC Berkley stats.

Unfortunately UC Berkeley does not have Med school but not far from UCSF and Stanford.

Any information as relates to Temple program, specifically how many get interviewed, and from that how many are offered spots etc?

Additionally any specifics on interview questions or prompts? I would imagine and anticipate most of the general questions but wondered if anyone and any specific questions to share or thoughts on same.

TY

@PAdude

You can call Temple and find out details. The number of interviewed depends on the number of applicants. This data was available previously but it seems not to be there. The number of selected Health Scholars is not fixed.
The size of current batch of Health Scholars who are going to be considered in coming cycle for LKSOM may be 4-6.

@Kc2002 , @collegeappvibes
Or any one who applied to Adelphi/upstate joint program
After interview with Adelphi. did any one heard back from Adelphi? Upstate?
D only applied via Adelphi feeder and we have not heard anythingBack.
So just wanted to check if upstate mentions on their supplemental which feeder schools it’s from?
Thank you.

@bsmdmom- yes heard back from SUNY Upstate via Adelphi. The supp doesn’t ask what feeder, but the email indicated supplement came through Adelphi. Hope that helps. Maybe they only send one supp If apply to more than one feeder? Only applied to Adelphi.

@Kc2002
Do you mind sharing when did u get supplement and when did you have your interview with Adelphi.

Who all watching NFL today? I am rooting for 49ers and Titans (for obvious reasons :smile: )

I hate Packers being in Bears territory, but have to root for them being mid-western at the same time. :wink:

Can anyone give inputs on Hofstra and Stony Brook? I’ve been reading about them from 2018/2019 applicants and results but still don’t have a good picture (as in how many applicants, how many receive interviews, how many receive acceptances, etc…) TIA.

@srk2017

Weren’t we trying to understand what percentage of matriculants to “top 20” medical schools come from their own undergrads?
Like I went to Harvard undergrad, so I will get into Harvard Medical school?

Or may be I misunderstood that context.

Data provided by UMich is more detailed than what I have seen from other “top 20” medical schools provide.

One of the most detailed profiles that I have seen is from Albert Einstein Medical School (AEMS) (Yeshiva Univ) - lists each undergrad college and the major of the student. I see a lot of Ivy schools listed there. This is a good medical school but would we think of AEMS as a “top 20” medical school?

It is this lack of data (or should we say transparency?) from the so-called “top 20” medical schools that is intriguing to say the least.

@PAdude , can you please post stats for S who got an invite from VCU BS MD please? Thank you so much!

@PAdude , can you please post stats for S who got an invite from VCU BS MD please? Thank you so much!

I applied to TCNJ/NJMS but have not recieved any notification for whether or not I got the interview. It seems a lot of people already got their notice a couple weeks ago. Does this mean that I likely will not be advancing to the interview stage

@itsgettingreal2
Could you please elaborate on “what these schools/programs care about” beside known things like Stats, ECs, Leadership qualities, Socio-economic status ( first generation) etc ? Does your D/S fall under this category (ORM) ?

What are some program undergrad interview questions?

@kush22 Thank you for the information

@PPofEngrDr - got an invite to ISP. But no confirmation that NU has accepted.

@theman2567

See post 1274 last para. You will get to know eventually but need to wait for another 2-3 months for TCNJ.

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/multiple-degree-programs/1993091-official-thread-for-bsmd-applicants-2018-p64.html