***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

@ubsmd2020
Selection for interview is coming soon. Definitely before 2/10.

so do you think we should have counselor send first quarter grade or just wait as in the portal they are requesting First Semester grades -Mid Year Transcript so it depend on schools when the semester ends as our goes by quarter system. And our first semester ends 2/3 and transcript will go out 2/10.

@rk1235rk : Any feeder school is Good as long as you accepted into NJMS. You are better off going to individual website for stats. Both TCNJ , NJIT has details info on application requirements . TCNJ has 35-40 acceptance , while NJIT has 23 last year . The other feeder schools would be 5-10 accordingly, which no one sure about Exact no.

Son chose NJIT (as he excels in Engineering ), TCNJ ( as the largest no. of seats) , and a small feeder ( to avoid competition , but have not heard anything yet 3 months passed ). Private U. like Drew, Caldwell and Stevens are quite expensive so I avoid.

The factors are which ones would fit your purpose better. And which feeder your D would enjoy her UG more. NJIT gave FREE ride to BSMD students, TCNJ around 10k merit ( according to previous parents ) .

Good information, so how many total seats does NJMS have locked for all these BSMD programs.

@coolguy456
S just had phone interview yesterday and was told that TCNJ will be sending applications to NJMS by end of the week. It will be around 3 weeks before an interview invitation will come out. So, I think we should hear around mid February. Good luck to all!

NJIT interviewed b4 thanksgiving, waiting patiently for 2 months :slight_smile: According to last year someone got interview notice on Jan 24…

So maybe few more days …

So had a question. If same kid applies to both NJIT and TCNJ as the feeder schools, how does NJMS does the selection. If the candidate is found suitable , will they invite him/her twice 1 through NJIT and 1 through TCNJ? Just curious

Never heard that one med school will interview an applicant TWICE :slight_smile:

NJMS is always the decision maker. Reason to apply multiple feeders is to increase opportunity to be picked up by feeders , then got sent to NJMS. If NJMS did not pick for interview, then multiple feeders would stop right there. Process terminated.

thanks!

I got RPI-AMC today. Anyone else that went through to AMC? Is it traditional or MMI?

congratulations. As per 2019 thread, its not MMI. you can search for albany in 2019 thread and there are some posts about that.

Just received an email that Rutgers forwarded the application to NJMS

do we know how many applications NJMS receives| how many called for interviews| how many selected|how many admitted

@peebu2024

Congrats on receiving email that your application got forwarded to NJMS.
Can you please post your stats (or DM me)? Are you from NJ?

Thanks.

Hey everyone,

Has anyone applied to Brooklyn College’s BA/MD program- I have a question relating to it

Thx, rk1235rk out of state

Hi everyone,
Would it hurt if you are in top 3% of the school rank with (580 kids in class) to apply to BS/MD programs? Does one have to be in top 1%?

thx.

anyone know when rems is gonna come out?

Somebody just said he called and REMS said by the end of the month.

Last year NJIT breakdown # here :smile: https://honors.njit.edu/content/njms-accelerated-bsmd-program-faqs
NJIT 50% will proceed.
TCNJ 70%+ will proceed.

Final round will be slightly less than 50% interviewees.