***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

@Cherax @uravgperson
Have not heard yet(:

Siena/Albany interview in march what does it mean? seems to be pretty late

did you receive an email @helix8

Multiple dates starting from Jan 28th in to Feb. First come first serve.

@helix8

@peebu2024 : can you clarify what you mean by first come first serve

Hi,
Question for the experts.
My DD SAT and ACT scores are pretty competitive but she took SAT and ACT both with writing and in both, her writing scores are not so great. Now where ever we will send her scores (in next admission cycle - she is junior now), writing scores will go along too.
Most of BS/MD donā€™t need writing scores but I am afraid when they see it, it might look negative on her application.
Any comments or suggestions? Any insight on how schools will use the writing scores? Will they ignore it?
Should she try to take them again without writing?

Thanks

Are folks receiving interview dates from UConn? I called UConn to check on status this morning and got a very confusing response. I was told that special programs will invite students for an interview at their discretion and that not everyone who gets accepted to the program is invited for an interview. So not receiving an interview invite does not mean anything negative at this point. Can someone more familiar with UConn SPiM shed some light on this? Thanks!

Has anyone heard back from NSU after their Shark Preview weekend/interviews?

NJMS sent a link and the link opens a calendar with available dates and times. Once a date and time is selected, the slot disappears from the calendar. So first come first serve I think.

@brainbuilder02

@ParentCA

UConn SPiM requires interview to be selected to their BS/MD program.
Current interview dates are Feb 5 and Feb 10.

Reach out to @cherax and @uravgperson.
They are currently in the program.

@ParentCA All SPiM applicants must receive a favorable interview to be admitted. Some of the dental program applicants have an online interview, perhaps that is what they were referring to.

@cherax - have the invites been sent out? we called uconn and they said invites will be out only in march and that didnā€™t make any sense.

Invites will be sent out today or tomorrow, or perhaps next week (but last year it was tomorrow).

They meant acceptances.

@novice dad. How do you know the Uconn interview dates are 2/5 and 2/10? Weā€™re you offered an interview this year on those dates? It is confusing if the people on hear talking are talking about this year or last year. Has anyone actually heard from UConn this year?

@cherax - thanks!

@GG2028 did you get any other BSMD interviews ? Asking because mine are same as yours , the listed ones but no luck so far.

@Kc2002

Check post # 2655 from @uravgperson

@helix8 Thatā€™s where we are. Got Cooper app and sent it in. No word yet, but I guess compared to other schools, it hasnā€™t been as long.

Hi,

Anyone knowledgeable on subject please respond to my earlier question (#2672)

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/discussion/comment/22552027/#Comment_22552027

Thanks.

@novice dad. Yes, that is what Iā€™m referring too because he says in 2657 ā€œlast yearā€. So did the 2655 get an interview this year or last year, his/her two posts contradict.