***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

The good news, at least some improvement from the past where it dragged all the way till 4/20. Appears, Rice is not communicating until they formally send their UG admission. (public needs to assume and/or speculate that those 25 students will get Rice admission).

Overall it is a good progress and wish BCM announces their final BS/MD decision for both Rice and Baylor UG within a week or so after the interview or no later than April 1st.

They barely got back with their announcement on acceptance for the kids from DeBakey High School through a UH-BCM partnership at the end of March or on April 1st on the dot. And those kids got interviewed the second week of Marchā€¦ This year, B2B interviews will be on 3/20. I doubt they will have acceptances for them by April 1. It looks like BCM interview days are a week apart. So, Iā€™m guessing Rice Baylor Medical Scholar interview date will be 3/27.

Same thing for me. Rice portal was not asking for mid year grade till yesterday, but today I got both email and portal update with request to send mid year grade after the reject email from BCM.

Hope this is good news for just Rice UG :slight_smile:

so far nothing from GW, WUSTL, CW, BU. Anyone else in the same boat?

Rice / Baylor

Till last year, one did not hear from Rice till the last week of March and Baylor after that.

It appears they have changed the process this year - BCM sent out rejects without any corresponding update from RICE regarding undergrad admission. In the past, RICE forwarded about ~200 to BCM after its undergrad review. This year BCM communicated before RICE has.

Also the email from BCM indicated ~1400 applied for the program. This number is lower than 2200+ that applied to the program two years back.

Application closing for WashU program was 1st week of Jan, though they encouraged to apply by 15 Dec for best possible consideration. So hang in tight.

For BU you can most likely write it off now (hope to be wrong).

BU and GW invites are done for all practical purposes.

Called BU, and they still maintain that invites are being sent out till end of February. One of my seniors who is in the BSMD program at BU also confirmed this. Keeping fingers crossed for all of us.

CASE, in the past, has released its interview invites/ rejects the last SATURDAY of Jan.
I am speculating that they will be releasing it this Saturday.

@brainbuilder02

BU call canter maintains that story - they have done that in the previous yearsā€™ as well.
But all the best.

Pardon the typosā€¦

Are GW invites out? Thx

Anyone applied to Pittsburgh BSMD and heard back from them?

@brainbuilder02

You may want to consider was there anything unique about your senior that made him/her stand out last year? The likes of being a valedictorian of a very well known school, some extraordinary accomplishment, sports etc? Sometimes you can compare notes and infer your chances if still any, from such information. Good luck to you and other applicants!

@srk2017

We live in Florida. He has been working with a tutor for the past two months two hours a week to work especially on timing as he got all the ones he answered right, just didnā€™t finish his Math section in the time allotted. So hopefully the test next weekend has better results. Fingers crossed!

He takes the Subject tests in May and he starts a little brief tutoring for that in March.

We are in the same boat. Waiting for HPME, WashU, BU, CASE, GW

@NoviceDad @brainbuilder02 As per CASE app portal, invites will be released this saturday.

@uravgperson @Cherax Any tips for uconn interview? is it a one to one interview or group? thanks!

Pit gap will send out on Feb 15th

Case is Feb 1st 12 pm