***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

@brainbuilder02 - Tough to determine much from stats. Most have perfect or near perfect stats. All comes down to ECs (each school values them differently), essays and LORs

@brainbuilder02 know how you feel, but don’t let that other people stats drive you crazy, most likely it is just difference of few ECs here and there. Certain that you (not your C) will find the right place at the end.

@PPofEngrDr : Thanks, it’s me who is the applicant, not my C. You have seen my stats, and I am wondering where am I lacking. this is truly disheartening.

@brainbuilder02 oh well edited my response. :blush: I may have seen your stats, but most likely buried in thread, feel free to PM that as you are still in application process.

I see that Drexel program now categorize themselves as EAP, but reading through the info page on website looks like a guaranteed program if you meet high 3.6 gpa and high 513 MCAT. Is it because of these pre requirements it is considered early assurance program?

I went over this multiple times from different angles over past year or two. Not going to repeat myself knowing well the same question will still remain. Those who are genuinely interested in knowing and not merely for arguing can refer to previous years’ threads.

@brainbuilder02 You’re not batting .000, so clearly your stats are fine. This process is tough. If you definitely want to go the BS/MD route, you only need one. Hang in there.

I only remember “bird in hand” and “unpredictability of ECs” :wink:

May be you too should go revisit the threads, though not really interested in knowing.

thank you!

@brainbuilder02

Personally wouldn’t have recommend going to Drexel, considering whatever going on there recently, unless you don’t have any other options in this route and didn’t want traditional route. So no need wasting your mental and emotional energies over it.

to all applicants who didn’t received an interview or some sort of rejection,
Some wise people had said in the past in public forum, a rejection doesn’t make you less qualified. So keep the spirit up.

Have George washington bs/md interviews been sent out yet? Their website says end of Jan.
Thank you

I did visit the 2017 result thread ( http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/discussion/comment/20740368/#Comment_20740368 ) and didn’t find much info there and I did ask for additional info at that time :smile:

Obviously you seem to have good enough spare time lately ?, I don’t. Will see if and when I can get back, knowing the futility bof reasoning with you.

You seem to be more active here than me. Anyway, this is more entertaining that impeachment proceedings :wink:

thank you @PPofEngrDr and @rk2017

expect some fireworks in finale.

Don’t be a spectator @PPofEngrDr :smile:

@brainbuilder02 S notified Drexel interview today. For reference 1550 SAT (freshman year no repeat taken), 16 AP 1/425 rank, 4.0 GPA. Per BSMD been invited to Temple and VCU and waiting on Brown, Pitt and Case Western. Withdrew from VCU after invite do to open up opportunity for someone else as decided he would unlikely accept a spot there. I was glad to see on this forum someone posted their son was invited late for VCU interview, so I suppose that it actually benefitted someone else. Pending the visits and feel for program upon interviews he will always plan on withdrawing if he knows it isn’t a fit for him as we both dont feel it right to hold a spot that could benefit someone else. Additionally he is still not entirely sure of BSMD vs traditional path yet.