***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

Will 16 APs help him skip, more than 1-2 year in UG ? What is trade off here between 6-8 or 16 APs ? For pre-med/BS/MD, one can probably get credit for only one BCMP(Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Physics) subject based on AP score.

You can get credits for more than one BCMP subject in college. However as premed you are expected to take higher level courses to show that you can handle the rigor. Some people do lot of APs to finish UG in 3 years or less but not recommended for premeds. colleges donā€™t give much weightage to APs after certain number.

If one gets credit for Calculus I and Calculus II, then they should be taking one of these, Calculus III or Linear Algebra or Ordinary Differential Equations, etc and hence risk sGPA. In these higher level courses, it is not easy to get an A compared to Calculus I or Calculus II.

Does anyone know if the interview at NJMS is very stressful and intimidating, or relaxing and more of a conversation?

Not really, most medical schools are accepting AP credits for required courses, but at least for science classes you need to show higher level classes. My S is not taking any math classes. He did IB HL and took AP ab AND BC. so he got lot of math credits and his major doesnā€™t need math. We may revisit and see if he needs to take in the last semester (depending on the medical school admission).

According to the Student Doct Network, the traditional interviews are done one-on-one, one interview for 30-60 min, and the stress level peaks at 3 (on a scale of 10). Would the BSMD interviews be a little scaled back, more relaxed than its traditional interviews?

@junebug20
Thanks
Is that info for NjMs

@bsmdparent1234 From what I saw on SDN about their interviews of traditional candidates. Iā€™m assuming that they donā€™t change much for the BSMD process.

@junebug20

Yeah that makes sense. If anything, I would think that the BSMD one would be slightly easier.

Got an interview invite today from NJMS (applied through NJIT)

@bsmdparent1234
Do you know if NJMS sends these out in waves or all in one shot?

Has anyone else applying through NJIT got an interview invite from NJMS besides bsmdparent1234?

@junebug20
Iā€™m think they do send in waves. My interviewer at NJIT said that NJMs can send interview invites anytime from Jan to March.

Thanks @bsmdparent1234.

@junebug20

Good luck to you and everyone waiting for an interview!!

Folks

NU - HPME interview invites are being sent out. My counselees have received one.
Dates - Feb 11, 12 and 14

@NoviceDad When were they sent out?

Good luck to you on your upcoming interview @bsmdparent1234!

@orm2022

Today

Hey guys anyone get their interview yet for Sophie Davis?

Thanks for sharing. Are they offering only three dates while holding interview dates till March 11th? So possible more interview offers to go out?