***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

senior members on this forum - question for you all. I did not utilize a consultant for my application process. I know others that have. Would that make a difference in an otherwise stellar candidate’s candidacy?

Everyone that has been seeing status updates - when did you submit your applications? I submitted mine on Dec. 1st, and don’t have a status update posted yet.

Did everyone get a case western email with link or is it just a portal update

CASE portal updated 12 noon, but got the email at 12:28.

Thanks does email state acceptance or do they direct you to a link.

@momver do you have a status update in your portal?

It just direct you to the portal page!

We are also waiting for FAU , as per last year results came out on 1/31/2019.

Yes we did.

Although still waiting for TCNJ to email us that they forwarded the application to NJMS. Does it even matter now since we have an interview that TCNJ forwarding the student’s application to NJMS?

I had heard somewhere that NJMS, during the interview, really intimidates the students and like points out mistakes in the candidate’s essays and apps to overwhelm them. Has anyone heard the same or is this exaggerated? Can someone please provide feedback on this anecdote?

At Temple, one can get college credit for only ONE subject from BCMP based on AP score for meeting pre-med requirements.

At this point, thank your lucky stars that you have an interview- which is one step closer. I truly got pimped in my NJIT interview; while there were other professors that were easy. Part of life, and one has to face it

My school principal always says - this is the era for helicopter parents who would even write to college professors questioning why their kids were graded a certain way. We can figure things out; if we dont, we learn and move on.

@NoviceDad When will NW send out rejections? End of February? Is it safe to say that if you don’t get an interview by mid-Feb you can count NW out?

Folks who got Case decision on interviews - is this the link https://go.case.edu/apply/status where you see your status?

Yes

Yes

Has anyone gotten an email for GW’s seven-year BA/MD? The portal says semi-finalists will get an email by the end of January, does this include rejections?

My original rationale was not that, not even remotely, but rather what has been going on with the system, with some part of it declaring bankruptcy late last year!

I do know excellent outcomes of students of both NJMS and Robert Wood Johnson, both of which fall in the same “bottom pile” according to the highly questionable website which some people here swear by.

@ayiba02 GW has been out for weeks.