***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

A question about NJMS decision… How long after the interview does NJMS send a decision on whether to admit or reject a candidate or does it send out mass acceptances/rejections?

Hello everyone. DC has upcoming interview at UConn and we are trying to find out if it’s traditional or MMI. Does anyone know? Thank you all for your help.

@prospectivebsmd - Did uconn get back to you with your date of interview? We dd not get a confirmed interview date after the initial invitation to which we replied as per the email instructions.

@cherax, @uravgperson - When is Uconn supposed to get back to us with an interview date? We sent a reply the same day as the invitation came in.

@NoviceDad thank you so much for the info!

@momcincy Most likely tomorrow, if not has to be Tuesday. Patience friends, patience.

@prospectivebsmd It’s a group interview. Good luck to all!

@uravgperson - Thank you.

Hi I have a question, is the Rutger’s bs/md program really competitive? Would a 1500 sat score be good enough? Also, is it heavily based on extra curriculars rather than an sat score?

Of the 6 young people I had quoted about not so long ago who didn’t go to any fancy name med school but have done extremely well, 4 are from RWJ and 1 from UCF (in other words, “bottom pile” from people swearing by that web site). The other went to Indiana. All within the recent time frames.

NJMS, another bottom pile, is said to have even better placements than RWJ and enjoys higher research funding.

have the TCNJ interviewees started hearing back from NJMS? Saw 3-4 NJIT interviewees comment on Friday about their invitations

How to prepare for Case Group interview. What sort of questions do they ask ? i got invite on feb 1st

@DroneFly and @SAYSA - are you from Ohio area?

No, not from Ohio, but from Midwest!

Not from Ohio from east coast

It is a competitive BS/MD program. One needs near perfect stats and excellent ECs for most of these BS/MD programs. Rutgers-NJMS has a large number of OOS applicants since there is no stated IS preference.

For regular MD, Rutgers-NJMS and RWJ have IS preference for legal NJ residents being a state funded University. If you are a NJ resident, then you will have a better chance via regular MD admission ( less competition from OOS). If your parents live in NJ and you are an UG OOS student, you will qualify as a legal NJ resident. For most medical schools, one needs to be a US citizen or a green card holder by the matriculation date to medical school (no work visa qualifies as an actual green card).

@brainbuilder02
All one needs is ONE BS/MD acceptance as a bird-at hand option. You have/had a AMC-RPI interview. May be it will be your bird at-hand. Cheer up.

Has anyone heard from Cincinnati

I did not receive anything from UConn do I assume anything?