***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

My opinion is that getting admitted to any BSMD program is actually as hard as getting admitted to a T10/T20 school… The acceptance rate for BSMD programs is in single digit for the 10 programs C applies to. They range Tier 1-3.

I also want to add that the level of effort put into these BSMD applications is much more than applying to T10-T20 undergrad. You got to put together at least two applications: UG and MD. Some programs require an Honors College application before the MD one. Then the interviews at the med-school level, Now, with some med programs mandate tha CASPer to scan for behaviors/ethics proper for medical professions, a lot more preparations are needed to become a successful candidate.

How confident are you about the above stats? TCNJ has the same stats year after year, looks like they don’t update them deliberately. The competition may have even doubled from those stated figures.

@rk2017 @starplatinum
Can confirm those tcnj numbers are not at all accurate…the accurate number are much lower… I’d comfortably say minimum 1700 applicants but I think it wouldn’t at all be surprising if it’s higher.

I guess you meant higher, not lower.

The stated figures are probably a decade or more old and haven’t been updated since by TCNJ. I would imagine >= 1000 applicants a year (perhaps many would want to apply but wouldn’t because of low realistic chances)

Has anybody heard from HOFSTRA/NJIT/Augusta?

Has anyone checked with NJMS about your application status if you have not received an interview invite? What did they say?

Anyone heard from Cincinnati?

No

@onelittleredfrog , No

Hi - i still have not heard back from OMSP.

Any one got invited to HPME interview?

got a cincy interview!

Brown PLME stats are as follows:

Average SAT & ACT scores for matriculants over the last three years
SAT ERW: 742
SAT Mathematics: 770

ACT Composite: 34

https://www.brown.edu/academics/medical/plme/information-prospective-students/admissions-facts-and-figures

Does anyone know their average SAT 2 scores from prior experience or knowledge?

Also, it looks like on the average it is $75,000+ per year. So around $600,000+ for the entire duration. Is that a deterrent to many talented people who might find it cheaper at NU, BU, GWU, and other BS/MD programs?

Congratulations! Did you receive email? Instate or out of state?

@starplatinum congratulations! When is it scheduled for, February or March?

@BSMD2020Tired

Please search the previous posts - there has been enough discussion on costs of BSMD programs.

Not just Brown, other colleges that you mentioned are equally expensive, if you do not qualify for need based scholarships.

Congrats @starplatinum

@Viola9

2 batches of HPME interview invites are already out.
Please search my previous posts on HPME.

Don’t read too much into those figures. They are a tad lower than most other programs in this realm bcoz of Brown’s policy of capping the number of ORMs admitted to PLME to a low number. For ORMs gaining accepted there, I am sure the stats will be sky high.

That (high number of non ORMs) and the cost may be the factors that half or more of the students gaining admission to PLME during RD not joining. But the program does offer the opportunity and good platform for those who are still open going to other fields like finance and graduate in 4 years or want to apply out to other med schools during undergrad and go to a cheaper one. So the cost of attendance may still be lower than the max calculated figure.

NU is in the same ball park, except you save a year in cost. No merit awards though.
BU also in same range, but a limited number of students do get merit awards (capped though at some percentage for the program). I guess in both the programs students can also save significantly during summer sessions.