***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

for uConn program?

UConn SPiM program is done with their interviews. Do you mean their UG admissions ?

@wolfroland - I got an interview invite from GWU (via St. Bonaventure). The invite was via email. All the best to you too

congrats @iciciid

@hopeitgoeswell

Congrats on NU-ED.
NU ED to HPME is a NEW process introduced this year.

For regular HPME applicants, the deadline was Jan 2 and first set of invites were sent last week of Jan. If we follow the same timeline, it appears interview invites for ED to HPME applicants will be around last week of Feb.

It is best to call the HPME office and ask them.

Thank you

have have u received a mail or email notification for the interview? f u OOS? thx

@uravgperson @tjmed20 have u received a mail for the invite and r u OOS? thx

@kader Iā€™m a current student in UConnā€™s program. Interviews for SPiM for this year are done. Undergraduate decisions are yet to be announced.

PMM outā€¦ rejected ???

Sorry to hear that! But arenā€™t the PMM results scheduled for some time in March?

Chances are that Penn State PMM (and perhaps BU too) are likely to scale down their intakes this year considering how popular those programs have been past couple of years resulting in over enrollment beyond their expectations.

So donā€™t feel sad, sure something exciting is in the works for you.

@rk2017
Nope this was my only interview unfortunately Iā€™m going to have to go the traditional path after spending my entire HS doing countless activities to get me into BSMDsā€¦

What is the dress code for a BS/MD interview?
Is a suit standard for boys?
Son invited to interview for the GAP at Pitt
Thank you

Regardless, you still achieved an interview for a well known program which many wonderful candidates donā€™t get a chance. And this experience will definitely put you ahead in your future pursuits. You already have a head start over other traditional route applicants. And who knows, you may even change plans and pursue some other career path. The future is wide open with a variety of options and possibilities. Good luck with everything!

@rk2017 @NoviceDad @grtd2010

From your experience through the years. What is the format for Temple Interviews.
Group plus Individual. or just a group.

Thanks in advance for your help.

@sammyGA

Donā€™t know that info, but if you opt for this program, you will have to face another interview in junior or senior year to determine your eligibility to enter their med school. As recently mentioned, few folks I came across turned down this program in preference to other programs.

@NoviceDad , You mentioned that NU ED to HPME is a NEW process introduced this year. Could you please give more details on that? How is it different from the regular HPME process? Could you please post the link for this new process?

Suit and tie is standard for boys.

Penn State/SKMC 7 year med came out on the portal today! Happy to say I got accepted :slight_smile:

(Iā€™ll be posting my stats soon Iā€™m currently in a Biochem class and cannot contain my excitement for the life of me)

Seriously, after spending few years in UG, Is an interview a hassle for a to be MD that may face patients for rest of life?
Is few folks turned down/accepted is the criteria?
Is there a BS/MD program out there with 100% yield rate (All accepted students in a BS/MD program enrolled into that program)?