***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

yes, One may have to aim for average or median USLME step 1 score. Usually a passing score may be closer to 200 currently where as top residencies may require a score at minimum any where > 245-250.

Thank you!

@brainbuilder02 Congrats on Hofstra and NMF!

Did you receive the certificate already?

Congratulations to all NMFs here!

I checked their web site and if you are seriously considering BU for either the BA/MD (and confident of making it) or traditional undergrad, the deadline for designating BU as top choice on NMF portal is MARCH 1st. That entails an award of 25k / year from BU. Check their website for further details.

Congratulations to everyone on NMF and interviews. Iā€™m hoping for some good news on my end soon. What schools will be sending out interview notifications next week?

DC had an interview today at AMC through Union college. It was a one on one interview. No hard questions. Nothing about medical ethics just based off the supplemental application. Thought it went well. Really liked Union College. Liked AMC. Stayed at the hotel across the street. Hilton Garden Inn. Union is really expensive though was hoping to get more money but itā€™s not looking like it is going to happen.

Has anyone heard from WashUā€™s USP program yet?

I looked at the medical school website for Hofstra and saw that it is an MMI. Does anyone know if itā€™s the exact same as traditional medical students in terms of length or is it going to be a lot shorter? There was no information in the email about the format of the interview.

Good luck @holychild ! Going by previous yearsā€™ results, Union typically gives a price break of 20k/year for the undergrad.
Next time you go for a visit there, if you have to, consider staying a little farther and renting a car or hiring Uber/Lyft instead of staying right across and paying 200-250$ a day.

Thank you @peebu2024 and congratulations to you too. Got the letter, certificate will come through school. How many interviews do you have lined up. Good luck to you!

I saw that too @lovesamranaa . Will there be a change in format for BA/MD ?

I donā€™t know but suspect it wonā€™t be similar in duration or other aspects as the traditional ones, considering the age group of the interviewees being in teens and not having the similar kind of exposure as the regular route candidates.

For Rutgers-New Brunswick, I was not admitted to the Honors College through SAS (admitted to SAS Honors program), but I was admitted to the Honors College through SE (School of Engineering).

I wanted to apply to the 4+4 program through Rutgers-New Brunswick + RWJ, but now I donā€™t think Iā€™m eligible.

Iā€™m really disappointed and surprised that I wasnā€™t invited to the Honors college through SAS, especially because it is harder to get invited to the Honors college through SE.

I didnt get honorā€™s college either

i feel like im gucci mane in 2006

@starplatinum : Yup! Make No Senseā€¦

lmaooo the songā€™s pretty fire

@brainbuilder02 @starplatinum @helix8

I do not remember the criteria used for Honors College admittance but my D was admitted to Honors College a few of years ago as well as to the School of Engineering, School of Arts and Sciences and School of Health Professions at Rutgers-NB . She was a NMF. Is it top 7% of applicants ? Ia sure it is not an arbitrary decision.

I am not sure how 4+4 program works . Is it by invitation only?

My C got into SAS Honors college and also NMF. Lots of good news this week :smile:

yes, It is by invitation only for Rutgers-RWJ Global Health program without need to take MCAT.