***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

I do not have any specific reason for choosing anatomy except we do not have a good Bio teacher. I have emailed some of the BS DO programs about anatomy being considered under science GPA but no response yet from them.

@meg2020

Looked at their web site. It is EAP program. Many colleges offer EAP program with US based medical college. This one is with St. George at Grenda. Normally it is not the recommended path until you have gone thru regular MD cycle. Just because you are ELIGIBLE does not mean you will eventually matriculate in the MD program.

You have not provided any details about yourself for any one to guide or even comment.

Could any one point to interview tips for Case PPSP from previous years? Thanks.

@GoldenRock thank you for that. i looked into it and they seem to have a nice program. iā€™m not one that cares if it is a direct program or an eap, but i was just hoping to hear from people on this thread about if they had more insight on it??

also, i donā€™t like putting much information about myself out there, but i am a high school senior. iā€™m in the top 1% of my school, have competitive test scores, fill my time with extra curricular activites, volunteering, shadowing, research, etc (pretty much the typical applicant). i applied to various bs/md programs (and regular ug schools) and got interviewed for some as well. ultimately im just waiting for the decisions to come out from all of the schools.

@meg2020, just as a clarification, this is an BSMD thread and people tend to assume questions are asked thru that lens, unless somebody asks very specific question. Also, out of curiosity, why dont u want to share ur stats, for eg stating 1% in class, 35 ACT, SAT 1 math 800 etc doesnt do anything other than direct people to answer ur question rather than them having to make assumptions and go out of their way to qualify their answers. It also hells other applicants and future hopeful get some perspective on the process and so u help them as much as u expect help from others.

@GoldenRock, i looked at it and it appears 3+4 pathway is ā€˜guaranteedā€™ to the extent u maintain grades but ur admission is based high school credentials, y do u say it is EAP, i do see they use the word conditional?

@meg2020
St. Georgeā€™s University SOM is not accredited by the LCME or COCA. Itā€™s consider a foreign or off-shore medical school

SGU grads are considered IMGs (International Medical Graduates). Being an IMG will put at you a substantial disadvantage for residency when compared to US medical grads (MD and DO). Less than 50% of IMGs Match into a US residency. (Not to mention that SGU fails out about 1/3 of its students well before the beginning of the MS3 year because they donā€™t have enough US clinical training sites.)

Donā€™t be fooled into thinking that the MCPHS/SGU pathway offers the same opportunities as attending a US MD or DO program.

AMC has cancelled all further in-person interviews for their BS/MD programs and will now be conducting phone interviews instead. Good luck!

@chasingdreams21
Do you know how many total dates remain for AMC? They started interviewing in early jan and have sent some admits, rejections and UC.

There is a Facebook group for students accepted to ā€œPenn State/Jefferson PMM Class of 2027ā€. Join it to connect with other accepted students!

Does anyone know when the last NJMS interview is?

@bsmdparent1234 my dc is scheduled for March 17th. I believe thatā€™s the last one

@2FutureBSMDsMom thanks!!

Good luck!

RWJ has cancelled its Second Look Day for accepted medical students. I would double check to make sure that the school is still conducting interviews.

OSU, Albany and Einstein have cancelled or postponed all remaining interviews date.

How is the NJMS interview? Was it MMI or just a regular ā€œwhat are you likeā€ interview?

Is CUNY Sophie Davies still processing BS MD admissions? I have not heard anything back? Are interviews ongoing?

Did anyone hear from the interview results Drexel,W&J/Temple and FAU?

@ROSSX2 I believe there were two more scheduled in-person interview dates for AMC (March 13 and 16). Now that they will be phone interviews, Iā€™m not sure if that is changing.

University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine ā€“ GAP Interviews Postponed to September 2020.

How many of the applicants that are interviewed for the Drexel BS/MD program are given a final acceptance?