***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

@JustLearning123
How much time did UPitt take from your undergrad application submission to giving you an offer for undergrad?

@NoviceDad
My DS applied UPitt Sept 18th and got undergrad admission on Sept 30th.

@GoldenRock @NoviceDad Thanks for your help!

@brown2024
Thanks

@NoviceDad similar to brown2024, applied 9/19 and received decision 9/30

@ramen2020
But no supplements for us like you :slight_smile:

just a heads up, Seton Hall 7 year BS/MD decisions came out a few days ago for anyone that applied there

DD was accepted to the Seton Hall program with a nice merit scholarship. It is not enough though and since they only gave a ā€œletterā€, I am not sure it will be worth attending over our state flagship in case she changes her mind.

Are the supplements the same from year to year? My son is a Junior so could he start working on the now?

@mom2boys1999 It may differ and it depends.
But he can think and prepare general notes, since many may lead why do you want to be a doctor, why this college and why this program etc. So based on is EC can form ideas to have a solid response.

Appreciate CC members to suggest Pros and Cons from the below EAP College List.

My sonā€™s Junior Year GPA: 3.7/4.0 (UW) - 4.11/5.0 (W) and SAT: 1470 Superscore.

Total Apā€™s taken: 7 Current: 7 - Senior year will be GPA:4.3/5.0 Math subject: 750
4+ years ECā€™s with Hospitals - Total 750 Hours

Which EAP colleges are good fit based on my sonā€™s credentials.

Albany Medical College Early Assurance Program

Boston University Early Medical School Selection Program

Brody School of Medicine Early Assurance Program

Dartmouth University Geisel School of Medicine Early Assurance Program

Drexel University College of Medicine Early Assurance Program

Georgetown University School of Medicine Early Assurance Program

Hofstra/Northwell Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine, Zucker Pipeline Program

Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, Flex Med Program

Michigan State University College of Human Medicine Early Assurance Program

Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine Early Assurance Program

Penn State College of Medicine Early Assurance Program

SUNY Upstate Medical University Early Assurance Program

Temple University Lewis Katz School of Medicine Early Assurance Program

Tufts University School of Medicine Early Assurance Program

University at Buffalo SUNY Jacobs School of Medicine Early Assurance Program

University of Chicago Loyola Stritch School of Medicine Early Assurance Program

University of Cincinnati College of Medicine R.O.S.E Program (Research, Observation, Service, Education):

University of Florida Medical Honors Program

University of Rochester School of Medicine Early Assurance Program

University of Toledo College of Medicine MedStart Program

Wake Forest School of Medicine Early Assurance Program

Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine:

@seapdx2002
UConn BS/MD is still a BS/MD program not an EAP. Once you get into SPiM program, UConn SOM sends you a separate admission letter and admitted student has to deposit a separate enrollment fees to Med school to reserve your place in med school. SPiM student has to maintain a cumm. GPA of 3.6 and get >80 percentile in MCAT and do all sorts of Med related activities during UG yrs. All of these students have to fill out AMCAS application and should appear in an interview to matriculate into UConn SOM(this is not a new requirement) Interview is more of a formality (but it should not be taken lightly either)
SPiM students are free to apply to other med schools too.

Thank you very much vmt1975 and it is really helpful.

@AlphaDog1031 when applying next year, remember that EAP programs are not 100% guaranteed, even for a high achieving student. Many college students will be applying for the same program and the competition is extremely tough, albeit slightly easier than traditional applications. If you want to choose a college, choose one where you will enjoy and be successful in even if you DONā€™T get into the EAP.

Appreciate your advice ramen2020 and like to know which colleges will be a good fit based on my credentials.

@vmt1975

I really appreciate your input.

I contacted UH today, and it seems that the MD portion of its HBS program (3+4) may have sunset a few years ago. But I am not sure the information I was told is correct?

Did anybody apply for Rutgersā€™ BAMD program before? Is it required to apply for the Honors program prior to the consideration of BAMD program?

Thanks again!

@seapdx2002 UH program was there in 2016 cycle and I am familiar with that.
But it is true that it was cancelled in 2017. That is why I was surprised when you posted the question for this cycle. But it ias unfortunate UH is not updating the web site.

@ramen2020
Thanks

@holychild @akap04
Congratulations!!!